Post-Game Talk: EXB Game - 7/29/20 | islanders vs RANGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Tight defensive game. Isles gave the Rangers no room. Rangers need to find a way to play this type of game if they are to have any success this postseason.

What was Quinn doing leaving the top line on the ice a full two minutes with the goalie pulled? Terrible decision. He brings the second PP unit on with 5 seconds left. He can't be making bad decisions like this. And it's not like the top unit was doing anything productive in that first minute of ice time.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
EXyOtzuWsAAEe8d

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Losing Staal hurts because frankly they don't have anyone better waiting in the wings. Quinn should just rely more heavily on the top four.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
First half of the game was fine. Kakko looked much more confident. Chytil looked strong. Defense as a team was better than I expected for the first game. Hank played well. KZB line was lacking, but Buch was engaged. Fast looked good. Last period the Islanders played non-hockey, literally prime 90s Devils style. Total snooze fest. I’m not worried, there was nothing glaringly poor and plenty to be satisfied with. It’s a preseason game.​

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Like Gravey 9 said earlier,...

"they didn't bother to make up for it by grinding, crashing the net or winning board battles.... They have no chance in the playoffs if they can't generate this or point shots with screens."

I couldn't have said this better,... other than they need to generate much more pressure on the forecheck. This is playoff hockey in a nutshell.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
We can't get too worked up after how the guys are playing after their first live game action in four months after a pandemic that's going to the news story of our generation.

Kakko looks like a much more confident player than his first 60 games, which is huge for this organization moving forward. He's looking like a guy that will pot 30 goals next year and in subsequent years live up to his billing of a 70-80 point power forward. I'd wager lots on this.

DeAngelo is the only defenseman that looks like he hasn't missed a step and picked up right where he left off. Trouba, Fox, and Smith will be fine. As mentioned, we're in trouble if Hajek gets any meaningful minutes.

Goalies both looked good. This qualifying round is going to be an absolute crapshoot. Any action after that will be much more indicative of where we are as a team and as an organization. I'm not putting any stock into the Carolina drive-by series either way, but still crossing my fingers.

Good to be back here, LGR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad