GDT: EXB Game - 7/29/20 | islanders vs RANGERS | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
slight exageration, but it felt they didn't win a single board battle. And they never ever bothered to get inside in the offense zone. Team was out of sync offensively and they didnt' bother to make up for it by grinding and crashing the net and winning board battles. Just an exhibition game but they have no chance in the playoffs if they can't generate any lunch pail goes or point shots with screens. Again, just an exhibition but woudl have been nice to see a little more.

Reactions: ohbaby

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Well the 2nd half of that game was pretty bad but not going to go nuts over it. KZB was pretty f***ing invisible from the start though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’ll add tony and CK to that list. Mika Panarin CK Tony we’re total no shows tonight

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Panarin was misplaying the puck all game long.

What is going on with camera work, anybody was getting annoyed with it?

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
I’m not worried about the top guys on Saturday. I’m not shocked by the reactions though

Nah I am worried. Just like the people who think preseason games don't matter, they're not playing 100%, all these excuses. Sorry, but they only have 1 exhibition game, then 2 full days off. Then a noon time game, this isn't much time to get up to speed. If they're half-assing it, it's a bad look.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Bad game but I know people like Zib and Panarin will find another gear.

What I saw from Chytil and Kakko was encouraging. And Fox to nobody’s surprise.

Kreider has mental issues.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
*whispers* Rangers were much better than the Islanders tonight and they'll be fine vs Carolina on Saturday even if they play like this. ADA needs to be better but that's about it.

2 shots total from Panerin and zibby all night. Whispering doesn't make it true. Rangers were bad tonight. How relevant that is to saturday is unknown.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
This game was fine until the Islanders scored then played like they were the peak DPE Devils

This. First half of the game was fine. Kakko looked much more confident. Chytil looked strong. Defense as a team was better than I expected for the first game. Hank played well. KZB line was lacking, but Buch was engaged. Fast looked good. Last period the Islanders played non-hockey, literally prime 90s Devils style. Total snooze fest. I’m not worried, there was nothing glaringly poor and plenty to be satisfied with. It’s a preseason game.

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Bad game but I know people like Zib and Panarin will find another gear.

What I saw from Chytil and Kakko was encouraging. And Fox to nobody’s surprise.

Kreider has mental issues.

That's why I 100% believe he'd be a terrible captain. He's played, what, 6?7?8? seasons now, he can't figure out how to play ALL THE TIME, not just sometimes, or on special teams.

*He was invisible this game, as was half the team. But for a supposed leader on the team, idk, throw a hit or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->