me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Mfw I see a gdt

202908973-288-k823884.jpg

Reactions: FultonReed

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I want to see solid goaltending and a sound defensive structure. Good gaps, backchecking, and covering the middle. There's no time to practice this. They need to be on board mentally from the get go.

Reactions: McSauer and Kords

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I am fully ready to declare the Rangers as Cup champs if they win tonight, but also ready to denounce them as playoff-worthy if they lose.

Oh you already know how the post game is going to play out here

Rangers win: 50% of the fan base declares this team a contender, 48% are happy with the way they played but realize its just an exhibition game, 1% are miserable for what ever reason, 1% Bern and KreiderBomb trying to trade DeAngelo. 100% of the fan base is like "lol the Isles suck."

Rangers lose: 75% of the fan base panics, the streak before the pause was a fluke. 20% are happy hockey is back and realize that this is just 1 meaningless exhibition game. 4.9% decide to be miserable for what ever reason. .1% is SwedeAmerican trying to convince everyone that the Isles are cup favorites.

Igor shuts out the Isles: 99% of the fan base is in agreement that he should start. @nevesis cries in a corner until he remembers that Igor gives him another goalie to obsess over for the next 15 years, he joins the 99%. 1% thinks that Hank should start because the starting goalie position in the playoffs is seemingly a career achievement award.

Igor gets smoked: 80% of the fan base is convinced that everything hes done up to now is a fluke. 10% say he can't handle pressure situations. 10% waste their energy trying to calm everyone down.

Kakko has a monster game: 99.9% of the fan base is ready for him to rip the league a new one starting Saturday. Chosen still deems his performance disastrous.

Kakko does nothing: 99.9% of the fan base is ready to label him a "2nd liner at best in his prime." Chosen takes it a step further and says that his career will be a disaster, showing that he's moved on completely from Kreider.

Mika Scores: no one is surprised.

Mika doesn't score: ....does not compute.

Me no matter what happens: Staal blows and is going to hurt this team whether the games count or not.

And Jas is frigging old.

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Rangers win: 50% of the fan base declares this team a contender, 48% are happy with the way they played but realize its just an exhibition game, 1% are miserable for what ever reason, 1% Bern and KreiderBomb trying to trade DeAngelo. 100% of the fan base is like "lol the Isles suck."

Rangers lose: 75% of the fan base panics, the streak before the pause was a fluke. 20% are happy hockey is back and realize that this is just 1 meaningless exhibition game. 4.9% decide to be miserable for what ever reason. .1% is SwedeAmerican trying to convince everyone that the Isles are cup favorites.

Igor shuts out the Isles: 99% of the fan base is in agreement that he should start. @nevesis cries in a corner until he remembers that Igor gives him another goalie to obsess over for the next 15 years, he joins the 99%. 1% thinks that Hank should start because the starting goalie position in the playoffs is seemingly a career achievement award.

Igor gets smoked: 80% of the fan base is convinced that everything hes done up to now is a fluke. 10% say he can't handle pressure situations. 10% waste their energy trying to calm everyone down.

Kakko has a monster game: 99.9% of the fan base is ready for him to rip the league a new one starting Saturday. Chosen still deems his performance disastrous.

Kakko does nothing: 99.9% of the fan base is ready to label him a "2nd liner at best in his prime." Chosen takes it a step further and says that his career will be a disaster, showing that he's moved on completely from Kreider.

Me no matter what happens: Staal blows and is going to hurt this team whether the games count.

You forgot ‘Go Away Staal refers to jas as old’ in at least one post.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019

Me no matter what happens: Staal blows and is going to hurt this team whether the games count or not.

And Jas is frigging old.

The fanbase's cognitive dissonance about preferring the chance at Lafreniere anyway is a glaring omission IMO.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

And Jas is frigging old.

I think we missed a few.

Win or lose, there’s a contingent who will find fault with Trouba unless he has a monster game.

If Strome takes a penalty or doesn’t have a point, it’s confirmation that his season was a fluke and he’s a bum.

If Chytil has a big game, Strome is likewise instantly more expendable.

DeAngelo could have a hat trick and if there is one defensive play we can hone in on where he messed up, he’ll be a third pairing guy we shouldn’t invest in.

I’m sure we’re missing more.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think we missed a few.

Win or lose, there’s a contingent who will find fault with Trouba unless he has a monster game.

If Strome takes a penalty or doesn’t have a point, it’s confirmation that his season was a fluke and he’s a bum.

If Chytil has a big game, Strome is likewise instantly more expendable.

DeAngelo could have a hat trick and if there is one defensive play we can hone in on where he messed up, he’ll be a third pairing guy we shouldn’t invest in.

I’m sure we’re missing more.

- Only @EdJovanovski
- I'll be more surprised if he doesn't get a point AND take a penalty.
- Yes
- Yes, and the caveat here is that it looked like it was his mistake but it was actually Staal who f***ed up 10 seconds earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->