Examples of chemistry between players transferring from other leagues to the NHL

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's very common to hear fans wanting to acquire certain players that had chemistry with one of the players on their team in a previous league, like junior or the NCAA (I.e. I've seen in the past several Leafs fans make proposal

Are there any instances of this chemistry translating to the NHL? I recognize that there probably aren't too many cases where two players with chemistry in a different league ended up on the same NHL team, but I still wonder if it's ever even happened.

On the Sabres, the jury is out on whether or not Eichel plays better when he's with Evan Rodrigues - I'm personally not sold that the chemistry has translated.

Habsfann

Apr 13, 2014
Levavalier and Richards played together for Rimouski then with TB. While they were both centers they def played a lot on the pp together

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I doubt it happens all that often. It seems rare that linemates from junior end up on the same NHL team in the first place. I reckon that two NHL players who played well together in junior probably did so because they were both just really good, rather than having some sort of special chemistry.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Makarov and Larionov in 1994. People often forget that season, but they led a #8 seed Sharks to an upset over SC favorite Red Wings.

Obviously, later Larionov had good chemistry with former CSKA teammates Fetisov and Fedorov (maybe Konstantinov also, I think they played briefly together also).

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad