GDT: Ex-Hawks at Hawks: Lose and You're Fired!

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I can't recall exactly when it was but fairly early in the season November December? Scott Darling had a lesser GAA average then Cam Ward and his record was (FAR) worse then Cam's. But after that point (It was before the Toronto game) he started letting in bad goals and just collapsed. At the first point you can go team support or something after that though it was mostly on Scott. I hope he rebounds next year (if he's still on the team) but this season for him is irrecoverable. So there were points that the team played worse in front of him to start but (I think it was that Rangers game) he just appeared to have lost all confidence. I was hoping that CBJ game he had regained it but that was fleeting..
So I wish him the best. no I won't talk to Sarah via twitter or anything she'll defend her brother NP. But I agree she should be less aggressive in public. Her choice though.

Good luck Scott and Go Canes Back your way into the playoffs at this point I just don't #$@%ing care how you do it just get in there!.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We probably will go on this run, and exactly that. I don't think the Devils will fall enough and I don't see how we slow down the Panthers.
I'm confident that the Devils will fall enough and will fall out outright either way. It's Columbus I'm worried about now. We ain't catching the Panthers with how they're playing.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
My family is from Pittsburgh and having looked at her profile quickly, lets just say some parts of the Midwest are more like Alabama than North Carolina is. PA is called Pennsyltucky for a reason. And I dont think Illinois is far behind from my experience.

Excuse my arrogance but im a pittsburgher at heart. Having said that, JR can rot in hell :) (And hate the Pens for the record lol)

Can confirm, I had family who lived in Springfield about 15 years ago and I went to visit them. Springfield itself isn't that redneckish but get outside of it and its not that much different than rural Alabama/Mississippi. Hell even Joliet (outside Chicago) sort of reminded me of Gastonia. Seemed pretty blue-collar to me.

Biggest difference is instead of wearing college team apparel they wear Air Jordan/Bears stuff.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Doubtful this is gonna happen, but we'll need it

Oh yeah, they'll go on a streak of some kind, they always do.

Problem is, they really can't afford anything more than 1 regulation loss and even that is pushing it at this point. Hell more than 1 OT loss isn't going to cut it either. They need wins, and preferably ones by more than 1 goal to help out the goal differential if it comes down to that.

Thats a lot to do, but if they're going to try thats what has to happen. Blaze of glory.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Oh yeah, they'll go on a streak of some kind, they always do.

Problem is, they really can't afford anything more than 1 regulation loss and even that is pushing it at this point. Hell more than 1 OT loss isn't going to cut it either. They need wins, and preferably ones by more than 1 goal to help out the goal differential if it comes down to that.

Thats a lot to do, but if they're going to try thats what has to happen. Blaze of glory.

It isn't that dramatic.

Canes need to go 10-4 for a 50/50 shot at the Playoffs. 11-3 gives them 89% chance at Playoffs.

Carolina Hurricanes Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
IF we catch Columbus and aren't doing it in the shootout (LMAO like we're going to win the shootout more then 2-3 times a year) we'll have the tiebreakers with them. Goal diff is the last record tiebreaker they use.

1 - ROW
2 - Head to Head record
3 - goal differential

The team that goal differential could mean the most against is New Jersey. 1-1-1 against them and the last game is on the road there. A regulation win there would give us the tiebreak against them.

Would need to get to OT in our final matchup to own the tiebreaker vs Florida but they're killing us in ROW.

Still have 2 left vs Philly to decide that one if they go on another slide somehow.

Currently:
Carolina - 71 pts, 27 ROW, 14 remaining
Florida - 73 pts, 31 ROW, 17 remaining
Columbus - 75pts, 29 ROW, 14 remaining
Jersey - 76pts, 30 ROW, 14 remaining
Philly - 79 points, 32 ROW, 14 remaining

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
10-4.

get.do

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That whole album is one of the best rock albums of all time

A few years back, my son surprised me by learning my my, hey hey (out of the blue) on his guitar and played it for me as a father's day gift (as he knew I liked it). He must have been practicing for months on it, while I wasn't at home because he nailed it. Gave me the chills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad