GDT: Ex-Hawks at Hawks: Lose and You're Fired!

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
My family is from Pittsburgh and having looked at her profile quickly, lets just say some parts of the Midwest are more like Alabama than North Carolina is. PA is called Pennsyltucky for a reason. And I dont think Illinois is far behind from my experience.

Excuse my arrogance but im a pittsburgher at heart. Having said that, JR can rot in hell :) (And hate the Pens for the record lol)

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
My family is from Pittsburgh and having looked at her profile quickly, lets just say some parts of the Midwest are more like Alabama than North Carolina is. PA is called Pennsyltucky for a reason. And I dont think Illinois is far behind from my experience.

Excuse my arrogance but im a pittsburgher at heart. Having said that, JR can rot in hell :) (And hate the Pens for the record lol)
Ohio

Shivers

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
They can launch Darling and his sister into the sun as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad he a good third period, really, but the fact that he's still starting NHL games after his portfolio of work this season is beyond me.

He needs to give his sister a gentle reminder that she's an idiot and her bullshit is affecting his career. Attacking John and Tripp is pretty foolish, and you can be sure Tom is aware of all this nonsense.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I only saw the highlights but 22 saves on 24 shots is a .917- not exactly a phenomenal stat line but not terrible either. Looked like most of those shots came in the third and he had let in 2 on like 10 in the periods leading up to that. He didn't cost the team the game and for him that's a baby step I guess. No reason for him or his fan girl or family to get all that excited

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I only saw the highlights but 22 saves on 24 shots is a .917- not exactly a phenomenal stat line but not terrible either. Looked like most of those shots came in the third and he had let in 2 on like 10 in the periods leading up to that. He didn't cost the team the game and for him that's a baby step I guess. No reason for him or his fan girl or family to get all that excited

Looking at SV% numbers on 1 game isn't meaningful because the sample size is just too small. 1 save or goal either way swings things too wildly.

He made a couple of damn good stops late in the game to keep it tied / protect the lead so credit where credit is due. He also messed up with his clearing attempt which led to the first goal and his inability to cover the puck probably cost the team the second goal, but there's no guarantee Cam or anyone else would have covered it either as it was pretty chaotic.

After the season he's had, he and his family have every right to be happy after that game.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
So just watched other two periods, pretty good game by Canes, but damn these two teams looked soft.

As for Darling, let's not get carried away, he had f***ing 15 saves on 17 shots with 3 minutes to go in 3rd. Yes he had like 2 good saves, but that's pretty much it, and I would say both goals were on him last night as well. People can feel good about win, but we didn't win because of Darling, and we should try to get rid of him no matter what.

And his sister is crazy, there is no other explanation. Someone posted awhile back, that she is acting like a superstar and is very arrogant and rude to others when watching games at United Center. Well no shit, after game ended when they showed that box she had at least her 5th drink in one hand and she went all in with her "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's". Pure disrespect in that tweet, get out of this franchise.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So just watched other two periods, pretty good game by Canes, but damn these two teams looked soft.

As for Darlings, let's not get carried away, he had ****ing 15 saves on 17 shots with 3 minutes to go in 3rd. Yes he had like 2 good saves, but that's pretty much it, and I would say both goals were on him last night as well. People can feel good about win, but we didn't win because of Darling, and we should try to get rid of him no matter what.

Who is getting carried away? I didn't see that anywhere in the thread.

He had a couple of really good saves, a couple of hiccups and stopped the rest of the shots he should have. He hasn't had much good come his way all season, so a win against his old team is a reason for him to feel good. Doesn't change anything though.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Who is getting carried away? I didn't see that anywhere in the thread.

He had a couple of really good saves, a couple of hiccups and stopped the rest of the shots he should have. He hasn't had much good come his way all season, so a win against his old team is a reason for him to feel good. Doesn't change anything though.
I didn't address that to someone specific, just saying - it was just one game, and not even that good.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
The only way we go on a run is if Sarah Darling keeps tweeting about the Canes on a nightly basis. Scott reads the tweets, and goes on a run. Last night he was still unimpressive and costed the team 2 goals. There were not defensive break downs. One goal he had a horrible pass and the other he seemed out of position.

Reactions: Tryamw

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, at first I thought his sister was just in denial about how poorly Scott has played this year, and she occasionally had some good points about the lack of support from the team in his games. But her Twitter timeline just shows that she's a bit of an asshole in general.

That being said, we (as in the general Canes fanbase, not this board in particular) shouldn't be harassing family members of the players, no matter how insufferable they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad