GDT: [EX GM 4] Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken | 6:30PM PST | SNET

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i wouldn't be surprised if the canucks announce a new building in the next few years when the viaducts removal begins. that downtown real estate is mega valuable as a development site and there's plenty of viable sites for a new building both in vancouver and in the suburbs

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
A suggestion:

I haven't watched too much of the pre-season/training camp so far (I'm still not quite engaged since I've got my baseball and football cap on), but I'll make one suggestion:

Rutherford needs to down it a bit in terms of being obsessed with our terrible zone exits. Yes we're bad at this but Boudreau did a terrific job last year of covering up this weakness to a large extent. Was it a perfect situation? Of course not. However - if the Canucks are planning to improve their zone exits at the expense of team defense, and have intentions of winning games 7-5 and 6-4, then I highly advise against it. We aren't the Edmonton Oilers and we're not going to outscore our problems.

If our lack of zone exit prowess bugs Rutherford so damn much, then make the trade for Chychrun, use Chychrun-Hughes as our top pairing, and place OEL-Myers in a more ideally placed 2nd pairing.
I think the coaching staff’s bandaid solution was to just get them to flip pucks high out of the zone.

This team is just strangely built. It’s not a fast team, it’s definitely not a big/physical team and most would agree there’s skill up front but when you have everyone agreeing that they suck st zone exits then what exactly is the play style?

Hoist the puck out and pray that the forwards hopefully end up with it and create something off of that?

This team is still super reliant on 3 things:

1. Demko

2. Powerplay

3. Forwards essentially creating something out of nothing unless Hughes is out there to actually transition them the puck

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad