Ex-Canuck/Sabre Cody Hodgson releasing documentary

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He had the look of a player with a real bright future for a bit. It's a shame his career got cut short because he lost the genetic lottery. (Though, I guess by that logic, most people's careers as pro athletes are cut short---to 0, to be precise---by losing the genetic lottery. Mine for sure. :laugh:)

Anyway, happy to see he's found something else he's passionate about to work at. Wish him the best.

Reactions: thewookie1

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Makes sense that a team has to buy out a player because of an almost impossible to diagnose at the time genetic disorder; while others get to retire on injured reserve for some nebulous illness.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Makes sense that a team has to buy out a player because of an almost impossible to diagnose at the time genetic disorder; while others get to retire on injured reserve for some nebulous illness.
Cody didn't want to retire yet. He tried to keep playing after being bought out.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Reminds me of the days I thought Girgorenko-Hodgson down the middle was our path to a cup.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Reminds me of the days I thought Girgorenko-Hodgson down the middle was our path to a cup.
What a disappointing time looking back to the early rebuild. I too thought Hodgson was a building block and had high hope's for Grigorenko and Girgensons.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hated that we traded Kassian for him at the time. Really thought kassian, foligno, and McNabb was our answer to overtaking the big bad Bruins long term. Obviously in retrospect I'd still take a healthy playing kassian over the dead cap space of Hodgson. But that's really neither here nor there because it's terrible what happened to cody. Has to be incredibly frustrating as a pro athlete to not have a choice to physically just work harder to get healthy. I'm glad he's so passionate about the topic and I wish him the absolute best of luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad