Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
What is that, like his fourth team in a year and a half? :help:

I think we should sign him as insurance. He’s a great passer and maybe he’ll put it all together. /sarcasm

For real, good for him though. I’m sure anyone would love to play professional hockey in Switzerland.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think we should sign him as insurance. He’s a great passer and maybe he’ll put it all together. /sarcasm

For real, good for him though. I’m sure anyone would love to play professional hockey in Switzerland.
That's the same team Bergeron played for during the lockout a few years ago. Seguin also played in that league and I'm sure there were a few others.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
That's the same team Bergeron played for during the lockout a few years ago. Seguin also played in that league and I'm sure there were a few others.

Nice, I didn't know that. Good for Spooner. He'll do much better with bigger ice. (I assume there is bigger ice in the Swiss league)

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Anybody watch Canucks games regularly enough to be able to compare Eriksson's play there to his play in Boston?

After accounting for the injuries, including the recovery times for his concussions, I thought he played well in Boston. Curious what went wrong. Thanks

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Anybody watch Canucks games regularly enough to be able to compare Eriksson's play there to his play in Boston?

After accounting for the injuries, including the recovery times for his concussions, I thought he played well in Boston. Curious what went wrong. Thanks
Initially,I think they hoped he would click with his countrymen,the Sedins as they did in the WC. But,the Sedins were toast and so they handed him off to centers who were too young or or not prime time caliber. His best seasons came with top flight centers,Richards,Ribeiro and Krejci. He is/was a true complementary player,unable to raise the game of others,but very able to have his game raised by others. When you play him with mediocrity or worse,that's what you get back. In my opinion,he would have had 3 consecutive 30 goal seasons had he stayed in Boston and played with Krejci.

I did not watch Canucks games regularly,but I did follow them daily and it was obvious to me based on his performance throughout his career when he wasn't feeling the effects of concussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Saw Jimmy Hayes our last night. Haven’t heard if he’s signed by anyone. Tough to be done after your brother signs big.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Saw Jimmy Hayes our last night. Haven’t heard if he’s signed by anyone. Tough to be done after your brother signs big.

Apparently he is still unsigned. What a surprise. Still, he should be able to find work on a two way deal like he has been doing since he left Boston. He sucks if you are counting on him to be a regular NHL contributor on your roster, but he would be a decent player to have sitting in the AHL if you had an injury crisis or something like a Paul Carey type.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

His numbers were not nearly as abysmal in Boston as in Vancouver, obviously, but I've always hated the somewhat "lethargic" way he goes about playing the game. And I never saw the great "200 foot player" that was advertised prior to his arrival after the deal was made.

I was happy to watch him not get re-signed and am not surprised at all he's dropped like he has, whether it be the injuries, his overall style, or a combination of both. Despite the fact that he could pot some goals, I always found myself wanting a lot more from him, even if it was just visible effort.

edit: He's also a tall guy and is down to below 180 pounds now. I have no idea how you play NHL hockey at that size, even as we enter an era where physical play is lessened.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Kinda thinking maybe Spoons needs to consider a different career at this point...

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Kinda thinking maybe Spoons needs to consider a different career at this point...

Crazy to think that just 18 months ago (Feb 2018), he was playing on the 2nd line of the Bruins and scoring at a 50 pt. a season pace.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm stunned to not be inundated with Reilly Smith lamentations given he scored last night. I'm even more shocked that there aren't several posts in here by @LouJersey given his man crush on smith... :laugh:

Marcobruin did it enough while the game was going on last night.

I loved how he started every post with "I didnt care for Reilly Smith BUT.....Rehash rehash rehash"

This was while the bruins were winning. When they were losing, it was posts about the game. Predictable lmao

Reactions: JCRO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->