Player Discussion Evgeny Kuznetsov

Will Evgeny Kuznetsov be a member of the Capitals next season?

• Total voters

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's not a good look to be in a room with drugs lying on the table, but has there even been any confirmation it's his drugs? You'd think that he never expected that video to go in public, and someone just wanted to cash in or hurt him with that. Had he been snorting it surely they'd have that video instead of him checking his phone out.

To be honest i couldn't care less if it's his or not. He's a professional hockey player that just won the Stanley Cup in Las Vegas. It's a bad look to go out in public but i doubt in terms of peers many are that shocked about this.
Meh. He's in Vegas. If he's to be believed at all, he walked into a room, shady shit was going on, and he left. In the interim, someone took a snap. Assuming that's what happened, it seems like a big nothing to me. You can't control what's going on in a place before you get there... or often even after.

Reactions: Corby78 and g00n

Jun 15, 2007
That's a ridiculous mischaricterization of my (now deleted) post. I didn't say Kuznetsov did not do cocaine in Vegas or any other time, I said the guys in the room, including straight-laced Trotz, knew Kuzy well before the extension, and it was unlikely they would make that kind of commitment to him if he was a coke head.

My bad if I mischaracterized your post. As you say it was deleted, so I didn't know exactly what you said or who even said it.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Meh. He's in Vegas. If he's to be believed at all, he walked into a room, shady **** was going on, and he left. In the interim, someone took a snap. Assuming that's what happened, it seems like a big nothing to me. You can't control what's going on in a place before you get there... or often even after.

That is a charitable way of looking at it.

He doesn't appear to be alarmed by the lines of coke in plain view sitting 2 feet right in front of him, nor does he appear to be in any hurry to leave. Everyone looks pretty settled in. There is a person sleeping on a bed lol.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
That's a ridiculous mischaricterization of my (now deleted) post. I didn't say Kuznetsov did not do cocaine in Vegas or any other time, I said the guys in the room, including straight-laced Trotz, knew Kuzy well before the extension, and it was unlikely they would make that kind of commitment to him if he was a coke head.

Dude, if Kuzy was into coke, Trotz would be the absolute last guy he'd want to know about it.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

He doesn't appear to be alarmed by the lines of coke in plain view sitting 2 feet right in front of him, nor does he appear to be in any hurry to leave. Everyone looks pretty settled in. There is a person sleeping on a bed lol.
So what? We should judge him for not being aghast and not running out in a panic? He's a young rich guy who's not ridiculously uptight. He's probably seen drugs before. NBD.

The only things that matter are: did he know what was going on before he went in? did he go there for that purpose? and did partake of any illicit substances?

Reactions: Corby78 and g00n

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

He could have been calling an Uber for all we know. I think your stretching your interpretation skills

Edit: on second thought, you are stretching your interpretation skills.

Reactions: calicapsfan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yep there are some homer fans in here.
Yep there are some very naive comments.

These guys have lawyers and PR folks working for them / the team. As soon as that video surfaced Kuzy would have been contacted by the team or his agent and a PR person would have said "This is the story you need to go with".
There is NO way he can say anything different, and that kind of explanation is pretty standard stuff. I have heard it a bunch of times from other well known sports people here in Australia. "Yes I was there. No I didn't partake in the drugs. As soon
as I became aware there were drugs and / or women in various states of undress I left the room / party / premises."

If you honestly believe his "official account" I think you're deluding yourselves. He won a frigging Stanley Cup. He was celebrating and having a good time. Do I think one (or both) of those lines of coke was for him? Hell yes.
Do I care? Hell no! He is young, makes a ridiculous amount of money, and he won the most coveted prize in the sport that he has been playing since he was a little kid. He's more than earned the right to enjoy himself and have
some fun (yes it's illegal, he has a contract blah blah - like that stops people from breaking the law from time to time - let's not be so naive).
If he DIDN'T snort that coke I would be way more surprised.
From Kuzy's perspective I imagine he is in way more trouble with his wife than he is with anybody else. He's going to need to come up with something way better to tell her than his official version of events.

Is he a drug crazed demon with a coke habit?? LMAO let's not be absurd.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
In my younger days-18-23, I'd be out partying in bars, perfectly fine establishments and walk into the bathroom and several times saw dudes shooting up H into their arms. I certainly thought it was terrible, but I went to the urinal anyways and kept my thoughts to myself and walked back out to the dance floor. I know different situations, but it is what it is. I wonder how many times Mario was in a hotel with Jagr doing coke but no one had SnapChat back then. This is real life, and I do in fact believe him, and yes I'm a homer, but he's probably being honest.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’ve tried the stuff. I don’t care who knows. A few times in college and then a few more out here in my late 20’s early 30’s. I’m almost 50 now and haven’t even thought about it, much less ever craved it, in almost 20years, I’m sure as with most things the individual pathology is different for everyone. But it wasn’t a huge deal. It just wasn’t.

If he did it, he did it. I honestly don’t care. As @Dumb and nobody pointed out, there are for more concerning drugs to be afraid of. Doesn’t mean the whole ordeal is inconsequential....far from it. But in a day and age of athletes being caught on video/audio doing some really bad things, this is benign.

And lord knows what cameras would’ve caught in the 80’s and 90’s with pro athletes had they been as readily available. We’d have a story a day. Probably multiple.....

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It looks bad because he didn't leave when he saw it. And it was damn close to him. If something in a room makes you uncomfortable, you tend to not plop down right nearby - heck you never even sit down. He was likely indifferent, not being his first rodeo and all. It's the drug of the wealthy and we all know it.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't care one bit if he partook or not, personally, but sitting close to it, is evidence only of sitting there. Anything else is speculation.

I did a lot of drugs in my Dead tour days, pretty much at least tried 'em all. Lost some people to the really hard stuff. Also had a ton of fun. So I don't judge.

But I can attest that being there proves precisely nothing about using. I have seen plenty of folks enjoying a party while casually declining whatever was on offer.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Why this video is appears on internet after 1 year? And not when the Caps are eliminated from the playoffs, but when Russia lose their only game at Worlds? 2 words : russian media

Some russian (sports) site, they can give a lot, to talk crap about everyone.

For example. When Russia lost against Finland in 1/2 last week, just after the game, some sports site instead of just title their article "Russia lost to Finland 0:1" had this title
"Russia lost to Finland, Ovechkin has 3 points in the tournament and 0 in playoffs"
They couldn't criticize Ovi for almost 2 years, so at the first opportunity, they don't miss him.

And of course, it was a clickbait article, with a lot of s*** between people in comments.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ppl full of shit in comments on the internets... Yeah, Ive heard this before.

Its why Im on HFB for a long time and rarely comment anywhere else about Caps.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Easiest way to eliminate risk is to not put yourself in the situation.
Kuzy next time:
giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ask yourself what Cal Ripken would have done differently. Cal would never have allowed himself to have been in that situation. Maybe he only went where he knew ahead of time who was there and what to expect. Maybe he didn't go out and socialize. The stuff the league and the team didn't condone are the things Ripken wouldn't have done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->