Evgeny Grachev

FilthyNote*

Not saying you're wrong, I didn't see the game, but by listening to the Colorado radio play by play, it sounded like he had several chances. Stripped Duchene of the puck and immediately got a scoring chance, few just-missed shots, and he was involved in some chippiness and shoving.

Outside of Backes, Pietrangelo, Allen, and possibly Nikitin, it seemed like Grachev was involved the most.
Thats exactly what I was hearing about him too. Some of the Blues beat writers like Jeremy Rutherford think he deserves a spot on the team. He really said his play against Colorado was fantastic. Lots of opportunities to score and stripping duchene of the puck was icing on the cake. Personally I would like to see him play before I make any judgments but from what I am hearing... he is the real deal.

He needs a full season in Peoria imo. The kid needs to be patient and work his tail off for a year and be ready to make the jump next year. With Langs and Arnott gone next year, there will be room for him if he's ready. He also could be a first call up this year too to fill in and get his feet wet.
Until I see him play I think he should be in the AHL but be told that he is the first call-up for any forward that goes down.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He won't be an NHL player unless he starts getting hungrier for the puck and stops playing timid. Those are big ifs, but if he can shake them, watch out.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Great young prospect, would be interesting if he could make a run at the Calder if he could get good minutes in STL.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Grachev making some noise is nice to see. It will be interesting to see if he makes the Blues squad and how it all shakes out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good point with him and Tank (Tarasenko). Yes, he is playing center.

I have heard from some Russian people that I know on other boards that that some fans of former Russian Blues think that the Blues don't like Russians. Lemtuygov fled for Russia when he wasn't called up after a season and a half from the AHL. Many people think the Blues didn't give Shiskonov a good enough chance. It just seems that they like to be with their own kind and the Blues just don't have a lot of them or the Russians don't think the Blues are a good team for Russians.

I hope both Grachev and Tarasenko are playing here in the near future.
No he's not. Grachev is playing LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad