Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wonder how many goals we can expect from him this season. Didn't follow him much last year but I believe he mostly played with Barkov and Huberdeau. Won't have that luxury here. Still a very welcomed addition to our top-6.

Considering he will be playing with worse players here, I’d be perfectly content with production around 20-25G/20-25A if next year is a full season

Reactions: DrEasy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Possibly the best UFA of the class - bargain deal. Honestly, as much as it will suck to not protect another kid from the expansion draft Evgeni will be worth it.

Plus we can now tell Patrick “Sorry we don’t have Artemi - but we have Evgeni.” :naughty:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He’s still in play.
I'm surprised to hear that tbh, but hey, if that's the case, or they consider alternative options, all the better.

I wasn't expecting the team to go after a 31 year old UFA at this stage in the rebuild, but I think Dadonov is a good fit despite his age.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Holy shit. I've been mostly negative recently, but I want to say unequivocally that I love this signing.
It's really nice to see this sentiment. It's easy to dump on this team all the time, so it really stands out that when they do something positive you don't just avoid the discussion...unlike some other voices who never chime in except when it's negative.

Reactions: Oriole

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I thought we wanted to tank for one more year.

I don’t think this move will take us out of the leagues bottom 5 teams but he should be a good veteran presence and take some of the pressure to produce off of our rookies

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Wow, I absolutely did not see this coming. This tremendous, it gives us a skilled RW which we needed, who likely plays with Tkachuk.

Thachuk-White-Dadonov

Stuetzle-Tierney-Batherson

Formenton/Balcers-L.Brown/Norris-C.Brown

Paul-Anisimov-Watson

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Nice move. I'm not sure Dadonov fits into our long-term plans as a 31YR old, but he should help the team improve for the life of his contract and will expire when some other players will need new deals.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'm surprised to hear that tbh, but hey, if that's the case, or they consider alternative options, all the better.

I wasn't expecting the team to go after a 31 year old UFA at this stage in the rebuild, but I think Dadonov is a good fit despite his age.
3 year term was the key. The team is trying not to add any contracts that go longer unless they are considered “core”. I’m curious if the Brown contract goes 4-5 years. I think they consider him core. We will see.

Reactions: Bileur

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
...unlike some other voices who never chime in except when it's negative.

You've been one of the most vocally negative people on this board who has spent the last week shitting on this team for only getting guys for the bottom of the lineup. You've been bitching and moaning about how this team is wasting assets on the Gudbransons of the world instead of getting top 6 players and this is your reaction? It's funny how you had more positives to offer about the Habs signing Toffoli than you do about this signing for the team you supposedly cheer for.

why do this??? whats the point? Be happy! This should be a negativity free thread.

Nice signing PD!

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Nice move. I'm not sure Dadonov fits into our long-term plans as a 31YR old, but he should help the team improve for the life of his contract and will expire when some other players will need new deals.

Thing is that even if he doesn't fit long term I rather pay for veteran like this then Hainsey +Ennis every day of the week

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Love seeing assets added for free. Contract is fair in this environment, but I'm surprised Dadonov agreed to sign here. I thought we'd need to overpay to bring him to Ottawa.

Clearly he likes cold weather and paying more taxes. That was coincidentally how we sold the city to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->