Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'm anxious to see how he does in the Sens lineup but I'm slightly guarded on the signing, as I would be about any guy in his 30's who signs a multiyear deal that isn't named Daniel Alfredsson.

He's not going to be playing with Barkov and Huberdeau, but he could still be productive playing with two of Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, and Brown for the next 3 years.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I like it because it forces the kids to "push" the vets out. The last thing you want is to hand kids a free "spot" on the roster without needing to work for it. We still have a couple spots open for AHLers.

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Great signing! Market must really been shot. Would've expected to have to give an extra year or an extra million.
Makes me feel much better about not signing Duclair.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Imagine signing Duke and then trading for a top 6 C? Dare to dream lol

I'd think that signing Duke then dumping Tierney for futures is the more likely scenario. But I'd be OK with a top 6 too! I do want to see at least 2 grads from the AHL in our forward ranks though.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Wonder how many goals we can expect from him this season. Didn't follow him much last year but I believe he mostly played with Barkov and Huberdeau (may be mistaken). Won't have that luxury here. Still a very welcomed addition to our top-6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad