Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
He actually chose the Senators, had 10 or more teams contact him from what’s written on Twitter. Cant tell you why he chose here but I am happy! No need to be dumb in FAs but signings like these are good and U am happy they did it.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Very unexpected. Love the signing, albeit I’m going purely off stats for Dadonov.

I gotta think that wraps up any faint hope of Duclair coming back.

On an unrelated note, it’s nice to see the sens really clamp down on the leaks. Not sure if too many insiders were aware of this negotiation

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Tkachuk - Tierney - Dadonov
Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - White - C. Brown
Paul/Balcers - Chlapik - Watson
Anisimov

Super young but there is potential there. Brown comes up when Tierney is moved out.

Reactions: albator71

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks, congratulations on the signing. I think it's been a silver lining for this weird season that we're seeing upper level talent being willing to go to smaller market teams.

I'm not the only, nor first one, but I will say it again here that I love the comeback arc your Team is on. Considering how much the Sens have been kicked around & Dorion was made fun of the last 2 years, this is just another great outcome for a Canadian franchise.

Again, really happy for your Team turning this situation around:
getting-mugged-145612.gif

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
his is our current depth chart (not line combos), imo. C's are very up in the air; any of the top 4 could theoretically be our top C. I also wouldnt be surprised if Paul or Anisimov play C... I kinda doubt Stutzle will off the bat, but who knows. I bolded locks, but would be relatively surprised if Formenton, Norris, Batherson, and Reilly are not on the opening day roster. Chlapik should be safe as well, but not willing to set it in stone just yet. I think L. Brown is ready too but the org seems to have a plan to bring him along reeeeally slowly. Brann should have every opportunity to make the team as well, as should Zub.

LWCRW
TkachukTierneyDadonov
Stutzle (C/LW)White (C/RW)C. Brown
FormentonNorrisBatherson
Paul (C/LW)L. BrownA. Watson
Anisimov (C/LW)Chlapik (C/LW)L. Shaw
BalcersBeaudin
Abramov
LDRDGIR
ChabotZaitsevMurrayA. Nilsson (G)
WolaninGudbransonHogbergM. Gaborik
BrannstromBrown
ReillyZub
LajoieJaros
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Great signing. A versatile forward that can play off either wing, but also excels on the powerplay. Obviously older than Duclair, but immediately upgrades a scoring line and helps some of the younger guys create chances (and finish them) 5x5 and on the PP. Well done. Still room for Duclair, but suspect that door closed. Lots of good value to be found on the market right now.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Duclair replacement and he can play RW.

My one concern is that he played a ton with Barkov and Huberdeau and obviously benefited from that.

Obviously, and we shouldnt expect the same production but he’ll still score 20+ and us a very skilled player. Term is great and money is great too, seriously surprised

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
We need a top 6 C badly and we are looking great. Obviously a top Dman too but that will come with growth from the kids I'm guessing.

Reactions: Cosmix

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Duclair replacement and he can play RW.

My one concern is that he played a ton with Barkov and Huberdeau and obviously benefited from that.

Norris >>>> Barkov
Stutzle >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Huberdeau

So I think he'll be even better. I think 100 poi...OK I'm getting a little too excited. Sorry about that. This just hasn't happened to us in...well, ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->