Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Evgeni Dadonov will be to the Ottawa Senators what Marion Hossa was to the Chicago Blackhawks.

And if someone has beat me to that statement, damn.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Evgeni Dadonov will be to the Ottawa Senators what Marion Hossa was to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Hard first 23 games with the sens for Daddy. He didn't produce like we we're expecting but it's not for a lack of efforts. He always battle hard along the board and wins alot of battles.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think Daddy is being wasted on the 3rd line with his linemates who have limited vision and playmaking.

Deserves another shot on the top line.

Reactions: Matsens15

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think Daddy is being wasted on the 3rd line with his linemates who have limited vision and playmaking.

Deserves another shot on the top line.

That line has just been rolling so well its hard to break it up.

If the Senators drop a few more games I can see them shuffling things up a bit.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I think long term that's where they see him fit.

There is no long term for Dadanov with us, he's here for 3 years as a stop gap RW fill in for the top 2 lines. Once his contract is up he'll be over the hill and we have many other and better suitable options to slot in as 3rd line RW in the pipeline. We need to find a replacement for him on the top 6 on the right side to go along with Batherson though, preferably an elite finisher, we're lacking the scoring touch in our talent pool.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
First truly bad game in a while.

Lots of bad plays with the puck today but he also had a few good looks on the PP...hope he buries one again soon.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

No he won’t. If serious though, want to explain?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
He's finally had a few chances from his office but i dont think he's buried one from there yet. Hopefully those will start to come soon

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Brought in for his power play scoring ability, yet 0 ppg. Only 1 ppa also

He's a more well rounded player than I expected tho, not a 1 dimensional shooter.

Hopefully he starts scoring more often here. Like others said at least its just 2 more years after this.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ice cold again, but playing well. A little bit like Drake who wasn't getting results, hopefully things turn again for Dadonov . At least he seems to be more comfortable in his office on the PP

Reactions: Icelevel

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
His line with Paul and white has been good. I don’t have an issue with the way he is playing, I think he’ll be better next season

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The offside was obviously egregious. But I thought he was actually super tenacious tonight. Looked like he really wanted it.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Sorry but this dude is awful. Zaitsev can become Zubs translator but this guy got to go. His offside in OT was unacceptable.

There isn't anywhere for him to go. In a long-term flat cap/tight money environment he's not a trade asset.

He hasn't even played all that poorly, but he's just not producing.

I think he'll be exposed in the expansion draft but not selected. Just have to hope he has a better season in 21/22.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
There isn't anywhere for him to go. In a long-term flat cap/tight money environment he's not a trade asset.

He hasn't even played all that poorly, but he's just not producing.

I think he'll be exposed in the expansion draft but not selected. Just have to hope he has a better season in 21/22.

If we expose him, he’s getting selected. Multiple time 25 goal scorers don’t grow on trees

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If we expose him, he’s getting selected. Multiple time 25 goal scorers don’t grow on trees

I'm not so sure about that. It doesn't make a ton of sense for an expansion franchise to select a 32 year old declining winger. When you look at the players Vegas drafted there was practically nobody in that age range.

...and even if Seattle did take Dadonov, does anybody really care? He was brought in to help the powerplay and insulate the young forwards but he's not really delivering on either account. His role is likely to shrink even further as guys like Formenton and Pinto come on board.

I doubt the Sens would be heartbroken if the Kraken took the remaining 11M on his ticket off their hands.

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think he's playing his role fine. Sure he could be better production wise, but he's doing his job. Filling in a top 6 role where he's not a net negative and is able to match up against top defensive pairings, literally the perfect stop gap type player. If we don't have an internal replacement by next year I'd be a bit concerned but his contracts pretty tradable imo. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kraken took him, but i'd rather try to move him with some other pieces for defensive help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->