Value of: Evgeni Svechnikov to Edmonton

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Kid was hurt for a whole season, turns 23 in a month and has played 16 NHL games in 3 years. Plus, he couldn't make it on the Wings this preseason, you're not getting anything decent for him.

Yeah, it wasn’t “couldn’t make the team”. It has been, hurt for multiple years, so let’s get his conditioning and the like up to par in game scenarios

But sure, run down the guy that is being talked about your team trading for.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
hahahhahahaha........hahahhahahhaha
ColonadoCanes, I don't expect a young #4 Dman coming back, I'm just tired of hearing opposing teams fans trying to buy low or steal a decent player in a mock scenario. Svech is gonna be good, he just needs time to get his timing/strength/conditioning & full range on the knee etc back. Glad I could give you laughter, you're welcome.

Reactions: SirloinUB

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Svech = opposing teams wanting to buy low on a potential middle 6 winger, guy who has size and skill and technically didn't make our team. He's still in the future plans, just abusing his status of being able to be sent down while we wait for the inevitable injuries to the old boys club.

He's not worth a significant asset from other teams and Im sure the Wings want to give him a chance after coming back from a big injury and missed year of development.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
No interest in Pulujarvi or however you spell it. No interest in trading very low on a 1st Rd. pick with talent, size, grit, skating etc., who would've made the team last year & has battled really hard to get back due from the injury 1 yr. ago. Within this season, probably by TDL or sooner, he'll be on our 3rd line & by next season, possibly Top 6. So for any proposals out there, unless you're offering a young #4 Dman or equal value, no deal.

Did you google the wrong Svechnikov? You have the 2015 pick with 4 career points.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Is he any better than Tyler Benson? I'd rather just wait and see if Benson or Yamamoto push for a spot eventually.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
ColonadoCanes, I don't expect a young #4 Dman coming back, I'm just tired of hearing opposing teams fans trying to buy low or steal a decent player in a mock scenario. Svech is gonna be good, he just needs time to get his timing/strength/conditioning & full range on the knee etc back. Glad I could give you laughter, you're welcome.
lmao right after you made a post stating unless you're giving a young #4 Dman no deal you make this idiotic post.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Thankfully it’s not your call

... I don't know which way to take that. You'd rather move him for whatever's offered, or you still think he's going to be a stud and wouldn't move him for anything?

I don't find a lot of personal value in middle-to-bottom 6 wingers, and I don't buy for a second that he's a top 6 player without massive strides and the team moving some of it's current top 6 projections.

Again, I wouldn't move him for anything that would be offered today, but I don't think he's an even slightly important piece of this team today or tomorrow.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
It's called a Hyperbole, look it up if you need to.
oilers fans are the same way with puljujarvi and he doesnt even want to play for the oilers anymore so I get it .

however if your gm thinks he can salvage poolparty and he will be better than bad svetch i could see yzerman doing it if thats what it took.

but I understand hating lowball offers cuz oilers fans also dont want to trade pulju for a 4th or whatever fans are offering these days

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
oilers fans are the same way with puljujarvi and he doesnt even want to play for the oilers anymore so I get it .

however if your gm thinks he can salvage poolparty and he will be better than bad svetch i could see yzerman doing it if thats what it took.

but I understand hating lowball offers cuz oilers fans also dont want to trade pulju for a 4th or whatever fans are offering these days
*conditional* 4th

Honestly, in both cases, it makes sense. Guys with talent look to outsiders to be on the fast track to Bustsville.

In the case of the Wings, makes sense to hang on to their guy, see if he can overcome his injury history and get his career rolling. Nobody's going to give up an assset that matches his potential, because quite frankly, there's a very good chance that he never reaches it. But there's a bigger chance that the 3rd or 4th you get never becomes an effective NHLer.

In the case of Puljujarvi, he won't report to Edmonton and his output has been disappointing. Makes sense to let him stay in Europe and build up his trade value. All you get by not moving him is revenge and that's not worth much. I'd take the best offer I got on him before Remembrance Day.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Its just too funny to listen to you trying to justify overrating your player

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
Svech has a lot of tools and he will probably be a useful middle 6 winger. this year is all about getting back to full fitness for him though. A good year in that newly fixed knee alongside guys like Zadina, Veleno and Ras will do wonders for him and his chances next year.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
He'd be an interesting target but he's not someone I'd pay a premium for so I doubt there's a fit.

There's also a logjam in Bakersfield already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad