Prospect Info: Everything Swedish Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Thats great for Soderblom and Neiderbach. Im torn about Raymond though, he looks very good out there and just isn't putting up the points. I don't know if leaving him there until he "dominates" is the best idea. What do you think he still needs to develop in the SHL?

Kids need icetime to develop. If Frolunda can't offer that, bring him to GR.

Reactions: David D

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yall are going to great lengths to explain a relatively lackluster SHL season from Raymond
Have to agree.

Raymond's situation right now is fine.

This is strange though for Frölunda:

4 games before Raymond left for WJC: 1-3, 6GF (1.5GF)
8 games while Raymond was gone: 6-2, 28GF (3.5GF)
3 games after Raymond returned: 1-2, 4GF (1.33GF)

Probably just coincidence but still. In those 7 games, Raymond has 2 points. Which doesn't sound great, but if you consider that Frölunda only scored 10 goals total?
Do you think he is too weak physically to compete in the SHL? Thats not the impression I get from watching him. If that were the case I would agree with your assessment.

I am not against keeping him in the SHL if hes still developing. I don't think we should keep him there till he learns to dominate just for the sake of dominating.
He's not too weak to compete, but he's too weak and too poorly conditioned (in my opinion) to be a legit differencemaker. I feel like he fades as his shift goes on and often as games go on.

Reactions: r0bert8841

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Have to agree.

Raymond's situation right now is fine.

This is strange though for Frölunda:

4 games before Raymond left for WJC: 1-3, 6GF (1.5GF)
8 games while Raymond was gone: 6-2, 28GF (3.5GF)
3 games after Raymond returned: 1-2, 4GF (1.33GF)

Probably just coincidence but still. In those 7 games, Raymond has 2 points. Which doesn't sound great, but if you consider that Frölunda only scored 10 goals total?

He's not too weak to compete, but he's too weak and too poorly conditioned (in my opinion) to be a legit differencemaker. I feel like he fades as his shift goes on and often as games go on.

Raymond's situation is what it is this year, nothing Detroit can do about it ( even if they wanted ) since they haven't signed a contract ( and can't until this season is over ).

The question is what Detroit should do with him next season. IMO I don't think he will be ready for the NHL ( and I especially don't think it's best for his development ).

Personally I think he is best served playing on a small ice-sheet, I think the things he needs to work on in his offensive game is best served being taught on a small ice-sheet.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Raymond's situation is what it is this year, nothing Detroit can do about it ( even if they wanted ) since they haven't signed a contract ( and can't until this season is over ).

The question is what Detroit should do with him next season. IMO I don't think he will be ready for the NHL ( and I especially don't think it's best for his development ).

Personally I think he is best served playing on a small ice-sheet, I think the things he needs to work on in his offensive game is best served being taught on a small ice-sheet.
Hopefully more of a normal training camp and exhibition season next fall. Doubt he's NHL ready next year but you never know if he has a huge summer, I think his game is mature enough so it's mainly physical growth and how he adjusts to small ice.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Last edited:

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

What? that is great? with the U20 league cancelled / paused and 15 players already under contract (not counting Niederbach who doesn't have a men's contract yet). there's two options for Niederbach, either a loan to Allsvenskan, or not playing at all.
Allsvenskan is probably also a more appropriate level of competition for Niederbach than SHL is anyway. Think it will be great for his development. Hope they do the same with Elmer tbh.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Theo getting away from Frolunda (this year) is massive and great news for him... He'll finally be able to play on a consistent basis

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Theo getting away from Frolunda (this year) is massive and great news for him... He'll finally be able to play on a consistent basis
Exactly, otherwise he would have played very few minutes the rest of this season. Would have hoped for a better team but not bad to join Wallinder and maybe results in more ice time.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
What? that is great? with the U20 league cancelled / paused and 15 players already under contract (not counting Niederbach who doesn't have a men's contract yet). there's two options for Niederbach, either a loan to Allsvenskan, or not playing at all.
Allsvenskan is probably also a more appropriate level of competition for Niederbach than SHL is anyway. Think it will be great for his development. Hope they do the same with Elmer tbh.

I hope you’re right. I’d love to see him play more in the SHL but if he can’t get ice there then I guess this is alright.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Modo vs Aik today. If Niederbach playing today it's going to be against Setkov

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Seider 6 points and +7 the last 5 games. Last 4 games really, considering he got injured after a few minutes in one.
I love the speed with which he processes the game. Except for the lack of a rocket from the blue line, there's not a thing about him that isn't high-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad