Everything Avs...3 day break edition

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I've been to 107th in Edmonton... it isn't that bad. You Canadians are just soft. :nod:
We really are. On our most recent trip to Denver we drove down a road with hundreds of homeless people all sleeping literally on the side of the road at what looked like some park. I thought I had entered a different universe. Where I live there’s like 3 or 4 people who sit on the side of the road downtown with a hat out to collect money but even those people have a place to take shelter at night. I literally felt like I was on a different planet but I’ve since learned that’s par for the course in many places. Sometimes I don’t realize how sheltered I am.

Reactions: Balthazar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We really are. On our most recent trip to Denver we drove down a road with hundreds of homeless people all sleeping literally on the side of the road at what looked like some park. I thought I had entered a different universe. Where I live there’s like 3 or 4 people who sit on the side of the road downtown with a hat out to collect money but even those people have a place to take shelter at night. I literally felt like I was on a different planet but I’ve since learned that’s par for the course in many places. Sometimes I don’t realize how sheltered I am.
You know when Denver is bad... just wait until you see Chicago or Detroit! :laugh:

I mean it is great that Canada doesn’t have the same level of problems. Speaks well of the country. There are some cities in the US that have some crazy sketchy areas and sucks for the good people just trying to survive there.

Reactions: Balthazar

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
You know when Denver is bad... just wait until you see Chicago or Detroit! :laugh:

I mean it is great that Canada doesn’t have the same level of problems. Speaks well of the country. There are some cities in the US that have some crazy sketchy areas and sucks for the good people just trying to survive there.
I like @UncleRisto felt like I stepped onto a different planet when I went to Chicago. A guy I was with was so shocked he tried taking a picture of all the homeless people and forgot his flash was on (was a time before these fancy cell phone cameras), it was under an over pass so the flash was real bright and I shit you not like 40 homeless people chased our car down the road for like a mile. It was insane and we got lost in the hood trying to get away. Never seen so many boarded up houses and people sitting in the middle of the street on old coaches and what not. Was a real eye opener.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Don’t ever go to the bad parts of Philly. It makes the bad parts of Denver look pristine.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are their bad parts of Denver though? Other than some of the alleys downtown.
Each city has good areas and bad areas, I remember I ate at a restaurant in LoDo - which was transformed from the bad part to one of the nicest now - and that night there was a shooting at like 3am. I think time is probably biggest central factor to crime, areas that normally fine in daylight become iffy when the sun goes down. East Colfax is probably one of the bigger ones which changes to an iffy state closer to night time, but it's absolutely fine during the day.

The borders of northeast Aurora and Commerce City is probably one place I wouldn't ever go to; plus it's just an ugly part of town and has absolutely nothing to do there (big manufacturing part of the city). Actually, the parks right in front of the Capitol have been increasing in shadiness (not sure I would go there at night either). Colorado Springs is sort of iffy to me too, but I think that's because of the military bringing in all these people across America to a focus point city. I've met a lot of cool blokes by playing hockey in those areas in the past, but met a lot of weirdos too. Oh and Colorado is unique because there is still a large percentage of weird mountain men hermits too, not as much of the States up North, but if you go into one of the smaller mountain towns I guarantee you'll find someone. With that said, I am pretty sure that some cities have it worst than the ones you find in CO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don’t ever go to the bad parts of Philly. It makes the bad parts of Denver look pristine.
Even Philly isn't that bad anymore... yeah there are parts that you stay away from, but so many of the bad areas are having huge gentrification efforts. Fishtown and Brewerytown are night and day different than they were even 5 years ago. But overall Philly is still way worse than Denver.

For the size that Denver is, it is probably one of the nicest and cleanest cities in the US. Beyond the obvious Detroit, Milwaukee, and Chicago... Albuquerque, Memphis, and St Louis are all pretty rough. Even nice places like Tampa have Ybor which would scare the shit out of any Coloradan. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad