Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
Lundqvist now > Lehtonen, eh? . . . ;)

..... or that will soon be the 'consensus' here anyways . . . or how about even more ironically MAF, who has the advantage of being 'unfairly sent down' . . . isn't that how these boards work where you are only as good as your last month?

What a stupid post. This would only lead to arguments.

Think before you hit reply.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jon Prescription said:
What a stupid post. This would only lead to arguments.

Think before you hit reply.

:shakehead

Coming from the guy who came on the Pens' game day thread with his team trolling and started trouble. How exactly is my post above a potential conflict raising idea? That we annoint and abandon prospects based on their last month, week, game is hardly controversial. And does not single anyone out. In fact it stands up for all the players I listed and anyone else for that matter that we should give them more time than any of us do.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
psycho_dad said:
He was very solid in Finland too when ever he got to play. I think he can become a starter in the NHL but right now he is quite low in the finnish goalie prospect list. Never really got to see him that much because he was always the 2nd goalie behind one of the best goalies in the finnish league, but now it's his time to show what he has. Glad to hear he is doing well!

Actually he took over as the starter for Jokerit midway in 01-02 and held that position through the playoffs and kept that position until leaving for AHL.. So he was "stuck behind one of the best goalies" (Jamie Ram) for a total of ½ a season..

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Ville Isopää said:
Actually he took over as the starter for Jokerit midway in 01-02 and held that position through the playoffs and kept that position until leaving for AHL.. So he was "stuck behind one of the best goalies" (Jamie Ram) for a total of ½ a season..

He was talking about Rinne and not Lehtonen. ;)

Flonaldo

Ville Isopää said:
The talk was of Pekka Rinne, not Kari Lehtonen...

Das Rancor

Dec 4, 2002
Saukkola City
Visit site
Ville Isopää said:

Just had to say, that I love your avatar... It's interesting to think what he would've done in the NHL... 'cos he was the best player in the SM-liiga ever period. If he would've tried a little in NA, I really believe he would've been something special... I mean, he played in the czech league at 42 or 43, as a defenseman... OTTO ON KONE!

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Ville Isopää said:

"he is quite low in the finnish goalie prospects list" should have made you think that I was not talking about Lehtonen, who is the #1 goalie prospect in the world, not just among finnish goaltenders. :D

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
:shakehead

Coming from the guy who came on the Pens' game day thread with his team trolling and started trouble. How exactly is my post above a potential conflict raising idea? That we annoint and abandon prospects based on their last month, week, game is hardly controversial. And does not single anyone out. In fact it stands up for all the players I listed and anyone else for that matter that we should give them more time than any of us do.

God forbid someone has a little fun with fans on a board who were getting out of touch with reality in their own thread ;).

The conflict is that it's a thread on Lehtonen and you have to bring in Lundqvist's recent praise as some sin that shouldn't be allowed or something. You KNOW that people will argue all day on here about who is better at what and who sucks at this and that, etc. You've posted long enough to know how fickle the people who post here are in regards to prospects. No need to go off and post something like that in a thread about Lehtonen.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jon Prescription said:
God forbid someone has a little fun with fans on a board who were getting out of touch with reality in their own thread ;).

The conflict is that it's a thread on Lehtonen and you have to bring in Lundqvist's recent praise as some sin that shouldn't be allowed or something. You KNOW that people will argue all day on here about who is better at what and who sucks at this and that, etc. You've posted long enough to know how fickle the people who post here are in regards to prospects. No need to go off and post something like that in a thread about Lehtonen.

I was doing what? Please read again. I was pimping or hammering no particular player. I was merely questioning in general how we annoint and tear down prospects so quickly in HF, based on what? Sometimes as little as a game. This thread is a prime example.

As for the other, you were a big time horses rear in during our game day thread on our board when we played your team. But you were hardly alone. We seem to get trolls from other teams every game we play, and the mods do nothing about it that I know of. You are no better or worse than any of the others who come onto our board during games with their teams looking to cause trouble.

Safir*

King Henry I said:
Before this season everybody was expecting him to carry the Thrashers into the playoffs. It's good that nobody's saying that anymore.

He's a fantastic prospect but he's no Luongo.

Are you saying that you are happy to see that he's injured? :shakehead

He has the upside of being a second coming of Patrick Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad