Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Last year, between the regular season and the two playoff games, Jansen had about a 94 wRC+. He's been really, really awful this year, but he definitely wasn't last year.

Last edited:

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Its horrible that this has all gone down. I really hope that an appropriate investigation was conducted prior to all of this happening as it did.

I really do not understand how anyone in their right mind wait 7 years to come out with something like this. That is very puzzling to me. If someone is hurt or going through tough times mentally because of these alleged actions, why did it take 7 years to come out? I just dont get how these things happen and why? If you were abused or harassed, come out and state so when it happens. Not 7 years later when you would think the participants have moved on. Something doesnt sit well with me on this. Was it a relationship that their was consent by both parties gone bad? Was it a one night stand with promise not acted on by Alomar?

Listen dont get me wrong I am totally against harassments or sexual abuse at the work place. But Alomar? A Hall of Famer? Works for MLB and Blue Jays? Has lots of money? And because I am comfortable with my sexuality, a very attractive man. It just doesnt make sense. I would love to get more details on this accusation and Alomar's involvement.

Just a very sad time to hear one of your all time favorites is going down for something like this.

I got sexually assaulted by a friend when I was a kid and never told the cops, parents, hell barely any friends. Guess no one would believe me cause I waited 7+ years. Clown

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I got sexually assaulted by a friend when I was a kid and never told the cops, parents, hell barely any friends. Guess no one would believe me cause I waited 7+ years. Clown

All I am saying is I would like more details to be released before people pass judgement. I do not agree with anything that involves sexual assault or harassments. But I do have a right to wait to pass judgement on someone until all details are revealed. It doesnt make me a clown to second guess all these people that are coming out years later against stars. As we have seen with false accusations before, most times it is people looking for cash grab and charges are dropped. Look at now with Deshawn Watson of the 20 accusations its starting to look like 1 or 2 are actually the case.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
All I am saying is I would like more details to be released before people pass judgement. I do not agree with anything that involves sexual assault or harassments. But I do have a right to wait to pass judgement on someone until all details are revealed. It doesnt make me a clown to second guess all these people that are coming out years later against stars. As we have seen with false accusations before, most times it is people looking for cash grab and charges are dropped. Look at now with Deshawn Watson of the 20 accusations its starting to look like 1 or 2 are actually the case.

The MLB ran an independent investigation. Whatever they found was enough for them to drop the hammer on him immediately with the Jays following suit.

The Jays don't just make this decision on a whim. Alomar is one of two retired numbers, is the franchise's only player wearing their cap in Cooperstown and is a major component in 2 world series wins. You don't just wipe him from your history without some serious evidence. Alomar had a rep of being less than an upstanding citizen with the AIDS accusations and the fact he pulled a knife on his wife when he was questioned by her. Also your claim on the Watson situation is nonsense so yeah, you're kind of a clown ngl.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The MLB ran an independent investigation. Whatever they found was enough for them to drop the hammer on him immediately with the Jays following suit.

The Jays don't just make this decision on a whim. Alomar is one of two retired numbers, is the franchise's only player wearing their cap in Cooperstown and is a major component in 2 world series wins. You don't just wipe him from your history without some serious evidence. Alomar had a rep of being less than an upstanding citizen with the AIDS accusations and the fact he pulled a knife on his wife when he was questioned by her. Also your claim on the Watson situation is nonsense so yeah, you're kind of a clown ngl.

Yes your right, but I thought they said that an independent investigation is happening and not concluded. You may be right maybe based on accusations and preliminary reports the Jays and MLB are wanting to distance themselves for reputation. But I still am interested in understanding the actions before we pass judgement. Like you said Alomar is a Blue Jay through and through. Many accomplishments. I will be the first to crucify him once I have details. But I am a believer that everyone deserves their time in court prior to being charged of anything. The fact that he hasnt as of yet to me is premature.

As for Watson, the facts are the facts. There have been many false accusations proven when it comes to him. It doesnt make me a clown to state that unfortunately we live in a society where there are a select few that make doubters of many when it comes to these things. I hope for this victim I am wrong. But until further details are given its hard for anyone to pass judgement. The extent or action hasnt even been released yet. Past indiscretions aside, I just dont want to see one of my childhood hero's go down like this. Would be very sad. But if he actually did the crime your right he should pay.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yes your right, but I thought they said that an independent investigation is happening and not concluded.

The investigation was completed before the league and team released their statements.

But I am a believer that everyone deserves their time in court prior to being charged of anything. The fact that he hasnt as of yet to me is premature.

He's not going to court because he hasn't been charged with anything, and he probably never will. His "court" was the MLB investigation, and they determined there was enough evidence that they wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The investigation was completed before the league and team released their statements.

He's not going to court because he hasn't been charged with anything, and he probably never will. His "court" was the MLB investigation, and they determined there was enough evidence that they wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

Thank you for the clarification I appreciate it. I must have heard incorrectly on the news yesterday that the investigation was still ongoing.

I also read that they wont be releasing any details. To protect the victim.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pearson, Logue, and Hernandez starting today in the minors. Vancouver haven't announced yet. Logue for NH surprises me. I was hoping for SWR. Dunedin I was hoping for Robberse, but it's not an obvious choice either way. Hoping Kloff going for Vancouver

Reactions: aingefan

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Paywall article. Nothing all that revealing except 1 note that Joey Murray isn't with the Bisons team in Trenton. He stayed back in Dunedin and is expected to join the team in a week or 2. Perhaps lends some credence to the theory that he'll take Pearson's rotation spot when Nate is promoted. They didn't specify why.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Small note of zero consequence: I was wrong when I said the Canadians were playing in Boise. I thought they were because the Boise team from the NWL was folded during the great minor-league reorganization that turned the 8-team NWL into the 6-team "High-A West" (the other dropped team was the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes) and it would mean that they had a league-ready park unused and with no one to fill it this season.

Instead the C's are sharing accommodations with the Hillsboro Hops in Hillsboro, Oregon (affiliated with Arizona).

It actually turns out that Boise was absorbed into the formerly Rookie-ball Pioneer League, which has become one of the few MLB-affiliated Independent leagues in existence now. Meanwhile Salem-Keizer formed their own independent league (with blackjack! and hookers!) called the "Maverick League" that is a 4-team setup operating entirely out of the Volcanoes park with 4 teams all explicitly tethered to the region (the Volcanoes, separate teams named to belong to each of Salem and Keizer, and a team with a Spanish name evoking the Spanish heritage promotional identities that some NWL teams had in the last few years)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Small note of zero consequence: I was wrong when I said the Canadians were playing in Boise. I thought they were because the Boise team from the NWL was folded during the great minor-league reorganization that turned the 8-team NWL into the 6-team "High-A West" (the other dropped team was the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes) and it would mean that they had a league-ready park unused and with no one to fill it this season.

Instead the C's are sharing accommodations with the Hillsboro Hops in Hillsboro, Oregon (affiliated with Arizona).

It actually turns out that Boise was absorbed into the formerly Rookie-ball Pioneer League, which has become one of the few MLB-affiliated Independent leagues in existence now. Meanwhile Salem-Keizer formed their own independent league (with blackjack! and hookers!) called the "Maverick League" that is a 4-team setup operating entirely out of the Volcanoes park with 4 teams all explicitly tethered to the region (the Volcanoes, separate teams named to belong to each of Salem and Keizer, and a team with a Spanish name evoking the Spanish heritage promotional identities that some NWL teams had in the last few years)
Jeebus Nem......

:sarcasm:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

All i got out of this is minor league baseball is about as easy to figure out as calculus

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Struckout the side in the 2nd as well all though he hit a batter and gave up a single.

I know I've been informed that it is not the accepted definition, but I will never not think that "struck out the side" should be 3 up, 3 down, all strikeouts with no other batters faced. Because "the side" is all the collective batters that the pitcher faces. If someone gets a walk or a hit then part of the side didn't get struck out.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dunedin pitching has given up 5 hits, 4 walks, 2 stolen bases, a wild pitch, and a homerun in 3 innings and someone has only given up 2 runs

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I know I've been informed that it is not the accepted definition, but I will never not think that "struck out the side" should be 3 up, 3 down, all strikeouts with no other batters faced. Because "the side" is all the collective batters that the pitcher faces. If someone gets a walk or a hit then part of the side didn't get struck out.
100% I’m on the same page. It makes me rage hearing it. You could give up ten runs but get three guys out by strike out and strike out the side. It sounds so much more impressive than it actually is most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->