TSN: Everyone watch this video... wow honesty is awesome.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anyways Lehner explains the complete isolation expectations from the Nhl and the hardships players might be having with them. Just thought it might be a good idea we don’t lose sight of the reality he will explain in this video when we are criticizing players. I personally do not have the kind of complete isolation they are expected to ageee to. Not for a single day were the restrictions this restrictive for me. Apply your own circumstances and see if you think these guys deserve more of a pass maybe. Anyways I’m with Lehner on this baby, they are imprisoned.
Vegas Golden Knights goaltender Robin Lehner clarifies COVID-19 comments in Twitter thread - TSN.ca

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How are you "with Lehner", without knowing what sort of "imprisonment" they are under.

High class hotels, gourmet meals, world class amenities, elite training gear, etc.,

He's already walked back on the prison comments on Twitter. It can't be easy to do what they do, and we should appreciate it.

But... "prison"... just silly.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Considering what they're used too in a world without covid, it may feel like being imprisoned to them?
Those comments aside it has made me reflect a bit when disappointed with the Leafs. This is a weird season for us, the fans. Never once did I consider the players. Thats why they get paid the big bucks eh? There is obviously something to all this and it will effect players and teams differently.

I really feel for all of you guys over there. Here in NZ we had maybe 6 weeks of lockdown in a whole year. Things are no where close to being back to normal here but I actually have international clients flying in tomorrow to take hunting. I have been able to do most things I enjoy since May last year without most of the crap you poor buggers are dealing with.
Here I am, disappointed I will miss my Canadian guiding season 2 years in a row.
I got some perspective out of him speaking out. Good on him.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Considering what they're used too in a world without covid, it may feel like being imprisoned to them?
Those comments aside it has made me reflect a bit when disappointed with the Leafs. This is a weird season for us, the fans. Never once did I consider the players. Thats why they get paid the big bucks eh? There is obviously something to all this and it will effect players and teams differently.

I really feel for all of you guys over there. Here in NZ we had maybe 6 weeks of lockdown in a whole year. Things are no where close to being back to normal here but I actually have international clients flying in tomorrow to take hunting. I have been able to do most things I enjoy since May last year without most of the crap you poor buggers are dealing with.
Here I am, disappointed I will miss my Canadian guiding season 2 years in a row.
I got some perspective out of him speaking out. Good on him.
I got some perspective from it too.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
To travel to Nunavut or any of the Northern Territories we are required to spend 14 days in a quarantine hotel in either Ottawa or Winnipeg .These are not the caliber of hotels the NHL is using at all , there is a guard on every floor who will take you out to a fenced lot for a short walk at least once a day when they have time , institution style meals are brought to your room and left outside your door , you can order from pre -approved restaurants but those meals are delivered to the front desk and will be brought to you by a guard when they have time , The Ottawa hotel has balconies so smokers can at least get out to smoke , I don't know about Winnipeg but the term prison isn't a stretch by any notion in fact at least in prison you can walk the range and get some recreation time in the yard .
The part I couldn't grasp was at the end of the time they come and get you to transport you individually to the airport where you are promptly mixed in with all the regular travelers and then fly on a full airplanes again with all the people who didn't have to quarantine to get where they are going .

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
No doubt the players are enduring a certain level of hardship to adhere to the pandemic related safety protocols.

However, given the current state of affairs in much of the world today, I don't think Lehner should expect too much sympathy from fans.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I guess depends on how one views the situation.

If I was making millions per year and was asked to isolate meanwhile have all the top notch amenities available not sure I would complain much. I mean my family and my future is pretty much secure - unless I am Evander Kane :laugh:

I mean there is always a trade-off; if they want full freedom then forego the money for the year and sit out the season. I forget who but I think someone did that this season.

As the saying goes... To have the cake or eat it? Pick 1; if only we can pick both ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
To travel to Nunavut or any of the Northern Territories we are required to spend 14 days in a quarantine hotel in either Ottawa or Winnipeg .These are not the caliber of hotels the NHL is using at all , there is a guard on every floor who will take you out to a fenced lot for a short walk at least once a day when they have time , institution style meals are brought to your room and left outside your door , you can order from pre -approved restaurants but those meals are delivered to the front desk and will be brought to you by a guard when they have time , The Ottawa hotel has balconies so smokers can at least get out to smoke , I don't know about Winnipeg but the term prison isn't a stretch by any notion in fact at least in prison you can walk the range and get some recreation time in the yard .
The part I couldn't grasp was at the end of the time they come and get you to transport you individually to the airport where you are promptly mixed in with all the regular travelers and then fly on a full airplanes again with all the people who didn't have to quarantine to get where they are going .
F*****g stupid farce of government overreaching. Social engineers get the finger from me :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No doubt the players are enduring a certain level of hardship to adhere to the pandemic related safety protocols.

However, given the current state of affairs in much of the world today, I don't think Lehner should expect too much sympathy from fans.
Why not i say. I can relate perfectly. I sympathize with them fully. I sympathize with mental health and above all i have a problem with corporate liars stripping any person of hope. That’s the way i took-his communication.
I got his back all the way. He could have cursed them inside out upside down and backwards for all i care. I get it fully

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I guess depends on how one views the situation.

If I was making millions per year and was asked to isolate meanwhile have all the top notch amenities available not sure I would complain much. I mean my family and my future is pretty much secure - unless I am Evander Kane :laugh:

I mean there is always a trade-off; if they want full freedom then forego the money for the year and sit out the season. I forget who but I think someone did that this season.

As the saying goes... To have the cake or eat it? Pick 1; if only we can pick both ;)
Maybe you are missing the words where he expressed that they expect them to totally isolate and that its a mental health concern. I kind of picked that up right away. Nhl pulled the carpet out from under them. What if that gets traction and they all opt out for mental health reasons. Completely controlled humans is what they like. Screw-em ha :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anyways the Nhl reneged on agreements with the players after coercion to take the vaccine was another problem he expressed. Not cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->