Everyone needs to relax...

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I'm not sure if this board is therapy for personality disorder or a cause of personality disorder. Either way....

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
P.S.: I told y'all about Galchenyuk

Is it possible Gally was a terrible fit here.... and then went to an even worse fit in Minny??? I mean, it's not like he didn't have a track record before the Pens.

The reality is, people believe what they believe and THEN go look for evidence to support that belief. I like to think I have always been the opposite, evidence first, then belief. (not saying that I never fall into the same trap, but I consciously try no to).

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Is it possible Gally was a terrible fit here.... and then went to an even worse fit in Minny??? I mean, it's not like he didn't have a track record before the Pens.

The reality is, people believe what they believe and THEN go look for evidence to support that belief. I like to think I have always been the opposite, evidence first, then belief. (not saying that I never fall into the same trap, but I consciously try no to).

What I said from day 1 was that Galchenyuk would fail here because he is a dumb player. He relies on his physical skills and have very little "mental" skills. I said his production was more a reflection of him getting prime offensive minutes on meh teams than of his abilities.

And by track record, do you mean mediocre production on a meh team while being fed PP time from the start? His best season was 56 points on a team that missed the playoffs. He steadily produced at a 45-50 points level while getting prime PP minutes. He was always used as one of the top 3 or 4 offensive threats on his team... and never scored 60 points. Here, he was NEVER going to get that deployment unless he fit with Sid or Geno. Anyone who knows the player AND understand how Sid and Geno play would have known that it was not going to work... and it did not. He did not have a great track record at all and he is not a guy you want in your top 6 if you want to contend.

Alex Galenchyuk is a NHL talent, but he won't be a NHLer much longer because he has low hockey IQ and can't produce unless he gets all the prime scoring minutes. He brings absolutely no value outside of scoring and because of his low hockey IQ, he is mediocre at it. The tools are there, but he has no tool box. He has TOO much talent not to produce occasionally.

Anyone who followed the player and values hockey IQ knew it. Call it confirmation bias if you want, but I assure you it was not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->