Everyone needs to relax...

NOLAPensFan

Feb 19, 2014
/rant on

I've been lurking here since 2010 and have been a Pens fan ever since, as a wee lad, I was first introduced to Pens hockey via a Giant Eagle (Iggle) promotion where they were selling a Lemieux highlight film. They had a little TV and I saw Lemieux in his Laval days deking around two defenders in the left corner as if they weren't even there. Hooked on the Pens ever since.

I hardly post on this site because all of my points are usually expressed by the posters on HFPens.

Having said all that, y'all need to chill tf out.

YES, the Pens haven't played to their full capabilities this season.

YES, the PP stinks.

YES, Sully's line combos are perplexing at times.

YES, Sid hasn't looked great since coming back from surgery.

YES, the Pens have suffered horrific injuries to key players and will probably lead all teams in man-games lost by the end of the season.

But guess what? Somehow the Pens have the 4th best record in the league (as of this writing) and GMJR pulled off a great trade for Zucker. He's not a rental and can/will become prime Kunitz 2.0 hopefully.

This team is playing great team defense. Our PK is top 10. Murray/Jarry might be the best goalie combo in the league, especially at their cap hit. I feel comfortable with the team starting either goalie once the playoffs roll around.

I feel confident Sid turns into playoff Sid once the games matter. JMFJ is sooo much better this season as compared to last season (still want him traded). Geno is still a beast, and Rust's game has taken a quantum leap this season. Tanev has been everything as advertised. Dumo, Marino, Kahun, and Bjugs will be back before the playoffs begin. Cough drop/Ruh are 7th defensemen most teams would kill to have.

I mean ffs this team hasn't lost back to back games since what, November? We are the only team in the league that hasn't gone through a prolonged losing streak this season. It really feels like the team is content to win 2 out of every 3 games going forward which is enough to maintain our playoff position, and even possibly contend for the Metro crown while we wait for our injured guys to return. And of course if we go deep enough there's always the Jake wild card.

Yes the Sid/Geno era is starting to end. But I have all the confidence in the world we'll be able to squeeze at least one more CUP out of them and this team, which would put the Pens as the preeminent franchise of the 21 century. In terms of championships we are the most successful team in the NHL since 1990. That's 3 decades and counting.

This team has championship moxie oozing out of their pores. Our important players all have beaucoup post-season experience, more than any other team in the goddamn league. I lurk on other team's boards and trust me, they fear the Pens.

Yes Tampa and Boston and Washington are tough teams. However the Bolts are running into major injury issues, the Caps have goaltending issues, and Boston, well, screw the Bruins :D

In conclusion, everyone needs to relax and enjoy the ride. The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to bring home the franchise's sixth CUP in 2020 :stanley:

And to think our biggest issues this season is the non-stop complaining about Simon and ZAR's place in the lineup :cf:

Go Pens!:win:

/rant end

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
thumb_you-can-doit-you-can-do-it-all-night-long-17633689.png

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Whether OP needs to relax or not, this forum is f***ed lately. So. Yeah.

Besides we wouldn't have to complain about ZAR or Simon if they were SCRATCHED...ahahahahahahha, get got newb!

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
We’ve legitimately been one of the worst 5v5 teams in the league since coming back from our bye. Good to still win, and we’re banged up, but I can understand why there’s been some frustration on here.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
We’ve legitimately been one of the worst 5v5 teams in the league since coming back from our bye. Good to still win, and we’re banged up, but I can understand why there’s been some frustration on here.

Because we've got a lot of entitled children who jumped on the bandwagon since the Stillers imploded? :naughty:

Reactions: USMC607

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dude, this post is way too positive and not cynical enough...this is a message board...I don’t know how you stand not being so gloomy...

Reactions: EightyOne

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

Has anyone played similar quality of opposition?

But with that important caveat, you are not wrong. The main issue, other than injuries obviously, is Sid’s line and the contortions it creates finding solutions for it.

As for OP, I rather agree with most... and even the cheery conclusion... IF Sid finds something resembling his real shape. Because the present 60% version will not do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->