everyone contact ESPN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Jeff Dahlia - question please.....does ESPN own TSN? I read that elsewhere on these boards. If true, what's to stop ESPN from showing the TSN game feed?

I think the USA hockey fans won't care that the programming would be Canadian biased ;) J/K We are just jonezing for hockey!

dafranchz

missK said:
Jeff Dahlia - question please.....does ESPN own TSN? I read that elsewhere on these boards. If true, what's to stop ESPN from showing the TSN game feed?

I think the USA hockey fans won't care that the programming would be Canadian biased ;) J/K We are just jonezing for hockey!

I want to see any hockey period. I would really love to see the two powerhouses go at it. How can you say that it wouldn't be a ratings success. I can't imagine the 378th re-run of some poker show is pulling many people by now.

As for Disney/ESPN owning TSN...yes, just about 30% now. Bell Globemedia owns roughly over 70% of it. I am not that too up on the numbers, but that is the last I know or heard of.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Jeff Dahlia said:
I want to see any hockey period. I would really love to see the two powerhouses go at it. How can you say that it wouldn't be a ratings success. I can't imagine the 378th re-run of some poker show is pulling many people by now.

As for Disney/ESPN owning TSN...yes, just about 30% now. Bell Globemedia owns roughly over 70% of it. I am not that too up on the numbers, but that is the last I know or heard of.

Jeff - I totally agree, and thanks for the info on Disney/ESPN/TSN.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Jeff Dahlia said:
Sadly enough....a flick of the switch!

Well a couple....:cry:

Which is why it makes no sense not to flip the switches and show the game in the USA, there's no overhead for announcers, etc. since TSN is already footing the bill. How stupid could they be? :shakehead Then again, I guess I just answered that question! :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad