Everybody's Golf(Hot Shots Golf)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I just recently saw that a new Hot Shots Golf will release next Tuesday, August 29th and I'm very excited. They changed the North American name from Hot Shots Golf to Everybody's Golf to align with the European and Japanese names for the game.

It was one of my favorite games as a kid. Seems like they changed quite a bit(it's now open world???), but the core of the gameplay seems very similar which is what I'm looking forward to. It's simple enough that anyone can pick up and play, but there is still some depth to the shot shaping and spin mechanics that make it interesting for quite a while.

Anyone else planning on picking it up? It's releasing at $40US and I preordered it yesterday.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Was probably the most-played game on my PSP. Good to know it's still rolling along.

Mario Golf for the 3DS was complete garbage. Would be nice to have any sort of competent golf game on the Switch. Maybe Nintendo sees this and gets Camelot started on another Mario Golf.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Glad to see I'm not the only one who wasted a good number of hours on this series. I'm pretty stoked for Tuesday.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I like arcady golf games. Played a few different HS Golf games and basically every one on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Thanks for the heads up!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Tonight at 11 my digital copy unlocks. I've seen some people broadcasting it on PS4 already so I'm super pumped. Gameplay looks just like the classic games. Online stuff looks very cool, I just hope there's some single player stuff to go along with it. We'll see. I'll be sure to post what I think.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Stayed up a little too late last night to play this game. My first impression is that it's Hot Shots Golf. The gameplay is almost identical to previous games. The only exception I've noticed so far is that putting is three clicks like every other club when it used to only be two.

The major change is the leveling system. Every club has it's own separate level. Every time you hit a shot close to the pin, a shot with good timing using backspin, or full power with perfect impact you increase your power, backspin, and/or control with that club. The driver is very easy to level up because you hit it nearly every hole, but other clubs take a while. I really like the system. You still unlock new clubs(like super spin club etc.) and they keep the same level. You don't have to level those new clubs up every time fortunately.

I've only played the single player mode and I played for a couple of hours. I won the first two tournaments which increases your golfer's level. When you reach a certain level you unlock a versus match. I beat the first two versus matches as well. When you beat the versus match you unlock all of that character's clothing and items for purchase. I've only used the items that I unlocked from the start because everything else requires quite a few coins to unlock. Seems pretty fun though. Definitely going to try the online portion out tonight.

Only thing that has me concerned is the micro-transactions. There's already a course for sale for like $7 in the shop. I'm hoping that's a course that will be unlocked through progress, but I don't know that for sure. If not that's total BS. There's also something in the shop called "S Ticket" I believe. No idea what they do, but they're a dollar a piece. I'm sure I'll find their use soon. The game is $40, not like it's a free to play game that relies on micro-transactions to make any money. I really hope everything is realistically unlockable without spending additional money or that's really going to put a sour taste in my mouth.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Interesting.

So are saying playing online could be unbalanced? If i have a level 1 driver vs someone who has a level 20 driver, obviously they're gonna kick my ass, right?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Interesting.

So are saying playing online could be unbalanced? If i have a level 1 driver vs someone who has a level 20 driver, obviously they're gonna kick my ass, right?

Yeah they definitely would. I don't know how online is balanced yet though. There may be a maximum level for each online tournament or something. Not sure though. I'll definitely look into it when I get home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad