Every Point in the Career Of Claude Giroux (thus far)

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Made this LONG compilation covering Giroux's career up to the most recent game against the Lightning (02/15/20).
Originally wanted to do a Lindros one but didnt have access to enough games to make it as complete as i wanted.
Was going to wait until the end of the season to publish but my computer is dying and i wanted to make sure it got up before that happened.

This is every point and all but 2 successful shootout attempts by the Flyer captain spanning (09-2020) .
800 + points in celebration of his recent milestone.
Some of the longer, cheapy secondary assists i cut out so you can see the goal itself sans Giroux but most have him either making the setup or finishing the play itself with a goal.
This is my first hockey video of this type. Im used to making stuff like this for basketball propects and such but this is a different animal so any feedback is appreciated.

If anyone has these 2 shootout goals on video or can find them PM me, I'd appreciate it.
-Flyers v Dallas Stars (03/19/2011)
-Flyers v Calgary Flames (02/25/2012)

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
I watched a little...don’t have enough time to watch all 800 haha. But neat to see the old jerseys, blast from the past.

I didn’t see a thread about his 800th career point...very underrated player. Hopefully he can keep up the scoring (with proper usage by the coaching staff)

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Such an overrated player. And I'm from Philly.

Hes far better than Voracek though - that's for sure

Reactions: Pengwins

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Such an overrated player. And I'm from Philly.

Hes far better than Voracek though - that's for sure
If anything I would venture to say he might be the most underrated player of his era.
Already top 5 player in Flyer history. Finished top 4 for the Hart 3x.
Philly has struggled mightily in the front office and behind the bench during his career.
None of the Flyer ineptitude from 2013-onward is on him imo. He was the one thing keeping us a from a full on tank.
Whoa, nice work
I'm not sure who would watch all of this outside of maybe his family though :laugh:
Any reason for making this of Giroux in particular?
Historical purposes. Just wanted a record for myself since you never know when some of these other highlights will be taken down
Robert Thomas right now looks very similar to young Giroux
Ive heard that. Ive gotta check him out now!

Reactions: Rich Nixon

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
If anything I would venture to say he might be the most underrated player of his era.
Already top 5 player in Flyer history. Finished top 4 for the Hart 3x.
Philly has struggled mightily in the front office and behind the bench during his career.
None of the Flyer ineptitude from 2013-onward is on him imo. He was the one thing keeping us a from a full on tank.

Historical purposes. Just wanted a record for myself since you never know when some of these other highlights will be taken down

Ive heard that. Ive gotta check him out now!

Yeah agree to disagree.

Giroux is a GOOD player, but Philly faithful cling to the random points stat and claim that makes Giroux among the best players ever.

Giroux would make an elite 2nd line wing and is a decent-good 1st line wing. Hes worse as a center despite being good at faceoff

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeah agree to disagree.

Giroux is a GOOD player, but Philly faithful cling to the random points stat and claim that makes Giroux among the best players ever.

Giroux would make an elite 2nd line wing and is a decent-good 1st line wing. Hes worse as a center despite being good at faceoff

Ok, so how about this. Since he became a full time NHL player, in 2009-2010 because why would other seasons count?

5th in the league in total points. Second in the league in assists.

How that is decent-good... I don't know, man. You'd have to make up your own definition of Elite and Decent-Good to make that claim. But i mean, if you like changing the definition of words, have at it.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah agree to disagree.

The "most points over ____" years obviously needed context, but the guy has finished top 3 in points 3 times in his career, and has excellent underlying numbers, driving play at both center and wing. Maybe this year he's only a decent-good 1st liner, but he's obviously been elite at several points in his career

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah agree to disagree.

It's not a random stat to say that he led the NHL in assists for the decade of the 2010s.

Decade assist leaders (via @Appleyard)
10s: Nighbor (33)
20s: Boucher (81)
30s: Barry (178)
40s: Lach (289)
50s: Howe (430)
60s: Mikita (511)
70s: Clarke (624)
80s: Gretzky (1216)
90s: Oates (670)
00s: Thornton (580)
10s: Giroux (504) #NHL

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah agree to disagree.

I mean he's among the best Flyers players of all time. That's for sure.

I would agree that he isn't a great center anymore. That stopped in the 2015-2017 span.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Title says all points, post says some cut out.

uh, no. two shootout goals are missing, but it's all the points.

Also, this is awesome. Always liked the "Every point of xx-xx season" videos one guy used to put out there, this is like the zenith of it. Shame @Lotusflower made it before his crazy assist last night, that would've been an awesome exclamation point.

Cheers to Giroux, was a little surprised to not see a thread for his 800th point. We'll have one for #1000 though. One of the best players of our era, and perhaps the second greatest player to ever pull on the orange and black.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Title says all points, post says some cut out.
Sorry if i was not clear in my wording.
All the points are there but some secondary assists are unnecessarily long so i cut them down so they only show the goal itself being scored.

Reactions: TychoFan

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Good job, I love these type of videos cause they are a great way to get an overlook of a player.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Yeah agree to disagree.

Points are just a random stat now?

Reactions: Dooble08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad