Movies: Every Franchise most iconic scene

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
The M:I scene where Tom Cruise is suspended from the ceiling while steeling the NOC list is probably the most iconic stealth/action scene of all time in any franchise.

In SW the sequence in which Luke realizes his aunt and uncle are in danger and rushes back home to find them burned is the most poignant, powerful, and important. It's such a key moment in the original trilogy: during those terrible seconds he realizes and accepts that home is gone forever and he must follow the path of the Jedi that Ben has laid out for him. I believe he also sees the future for all who oppose the Empire if its not stopped.

The scene is accompanied by some of the most stirring music John Williams ever wrote, and that's saying something.

Reactions: Osprey

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
The most iconic single shot from the Star Wars series is probably this one:

tattoine-625x276.jpg

I think this shot, more than any other, is used whenever someone writes an article about Star Wars. "I am your father" probably comes close, and a few others deserve mention (the Tantive IV screaming into view, "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi") but I think this is more widely recognized.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Not sure if a TV series counts as a "franchise" but LOST has (at least) two:

My favorite is the "I Never" scene.

Edit: Damn this scene is still so good. Very character development-esque. I also love how it turns from light to dark after she says "I've never blamed a bore for all my problems".

Last edited:

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Certainly the most iconic line, but I wonder if the most iconic scene isn't this one here...

Or this one...

So many good ones. IMO it’s the best movie of all time.

It’s just a shame that it’s not much of a franchise beyond the original. Jaws 2 was meh, Jaws 3 was silly, and Jaws 4 was awful.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The most iconic single shot from the Star Wars series is probably this one:

tattoine-625x276.jpg

I think this shot, more than any other, is used whenever someone writes an article about Star Wars. "I am your father" probably comes close, and a few others deserve mention (the Tantive IV screaming into view, "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi") but I think this is more widely recognized.
This is a good call. I immediately heard the music as soon as I saw the picture.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Jurassic Park: The water in the cup rippling at night leading to the T-Rex attack scene, a fantastic electrical build up of anticipation ending in one of the greatest scenes in history imho.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Star Trek: Kirk stops McCoy from saving Edith Keeler (Joan Collins) from a car accident in City On The Edge Of Forever.

My Best-Carey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad