Movies: Every Franchise most iconic scene

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Alien is pretty easy:

Predator is a lot tougher because there are many scenes that one might think of. Also, it's hard to pick out one part of the 20-minute climax because it's all awesome and memorable. I'll go with the following because it's short and isolated:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Going to go with some horror here

I put spoiler for 3rd one because of fake blood/dummy visible for a few seconds but honestly you see worse in The Walking Dead or numerous trailers nowadays for movies

Still don't want to offend anyone

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Predator is a lot tougher because there are many scenes that one might think of. Also, it's hard to pick out one part of the 20-minute climax because it's all awesome and memorable. I'll go with the following because it's short and isolated:

I'd go with the ultimate bro handshake for sure.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Die Hard is a tough one to me. I want to say the Yippee Ki-yay line, but I'm not sure how much one line can carry a scene. Maybe Hans Gruber falling (with that classic bit of humor thrown in with the "I hope that's not a hostage" line)?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
That Avengers end shot in the first movie where it does the 360 of all of them getting ready for battle. I personally hate it and it's been used to death but that's how most people remember it and they even tried to have a similar shot in the second movie.

The shot in Jaws where his cigarette comes out of his mouth.

I disagree above with Star Trek. I think the most iconic scene is the Kirk-Spock goodbye at the end of Wrath of Khan where Spock says I have always been your friend.

The Alien franchise is actually from the least popular movie in the series; Alien 3. The scene where the dog xenomorph gets right up in Ripley's face is iconic.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I'd go with the ultimate bro handshake for sure.

Honest Trailers has now ruined both these scenes for me. :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've never watched Twin Peaks but have been considering it. Now I'm not so sure. :laugh:

It's an acquired taste haha. I think it's the most engaging TV franchise ever, and The Return might be the only TV sequel to improve on the original.

It's actually hard to believe how good the new series was. I didn't think mainstream entertainment could produce something like it in 2018.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Honest Trailers has now ruined both these scenes for me. :laugh:

Yeah, I hope that I eventually forget it because I may not be able to watch the movie the same way again. What really got me was the observation that the movie is mostly about staring off into trees :laugh:.

Hm, looking to this, it seems, that the roles of bad guys was strictly designed to black guys in the 70s movies.

Yes, that one scene summarizes 70s movies :sarcasm:.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Hm, looking to this, it seems, that the roles of bad guys was strictly designed to black guys in the 70s movies.

No, movies were just not full of politically correct sjw bullsh** back in the 70’s and 80’s like they are today.

BTW, the main villain in all 5 Dirty Harry films was white.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->