Ever tailored a jersey?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I'd like a fit that falls somewhere between a youth XL and an adult small/medium. I'm thinking of getting a HNIC jersey which doesn't come in women's sizes.

Basically, I like the fit of the youth XL, perfect length, good fit over torso, unfortunatly, a little small in the shoulders which causes them to bunch up and too short in sleeves. The adult small/mediums are baggier than I like them in the torso, the sleeves are massive, and the jersey goes lower than I want it(halfway down my thighs and emphasizes my hips)Has anybody ever succesfully tailored a jersey, or do you just have to live with one that fits bad?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
octopi said:
I'd like a fit that falls somewhere between a youth XL and an adult small/medium. I'm thinking of getting a HNIC jersey which doesn't come in women's sizes.

Basically, I like the fit of the youth XL, perfect length, good fit over torso, unfortunatly, a little small in the shoulders which causes them to bunch up and too short in sleeves. The adult small/mediums are baggier than I like them in the torso, the sleeves are massive, and the jersey goes lower than I want it(halfway down my thighs and emphasizes my hips)Has anybody ever succesfully tailored a jersey, or do you just have to live with one that fits bad?

I don't think it's the jersy emphasizing your hips, it's the hockey pants. :D

Hehe I couldn't resist.

I suppose you could take it to a tailor like any other article of clothing. I thought about doing the same when I got my Boston University jersy and it was a lot bigger then I thought. I just deal with it though. If there is one thing I hate it's tight fitting hockey jersys.

I customized most of my goalie sweaters, the best thing to do is buy a larger size, then start making the adjusments. Mess jerseys are hard as heck to work with, but the others are okay. I usually draw out on paper what I exactly want to do and then try it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad