Ever miss Esa?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Oh, I'm sure he'll be back in some capacity with Oiler management if you wait around long enough.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Of course. He was a good player who got under the other teams while babbling in three languages (English, Finnish and Gibberish). We need more of that.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I still love the story of of Esa going off on a rant in the locker room and a rookie leaning over to Kurri and asking what he said and getting the response "I have no idea".

glimradnor

Oct 12, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Do you guys ever miss Tikkanen?

Damn right. He was always one of my favourites. I remember when I was a kid, I recognized him in the grocery store. Talked to him for a bit and from what my mom and I could tell, he came from some sort of promotional event. He had a stack of photos in his car and signed one for me.

Tikkanen fan for life.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
When I was really little I got to meet a lot of the players through my dad who worked for Fuhr's dad. Tikkanen was always smiling. I don't remember him ever actually speaking to me, but my Dad said that he was always really cool and respectful.

The only thing that has ever reminded me of Esa since he retired was when Sean Avery did his stick thing in front of Brodeur. That was something Esa would do, and I remember laughing my ass off when that happened while I thought of Esa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad