Even Bob Mckenzie says Canada should have won last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
i think its obvious who dropped the ball (err...the puck) last year that cost Canada gold. i feel bad for the guy because of the great deal of pressure he'd been dealing with at the time. but canada lost because him for the most part.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
As much as people want to deny it, last year was perhaps the biggest choke in hockey history since Steve Smith in 1986. I have no doubt about that, we should have won for sure.

Something tells me Team Canada's juniors have been cursed, like the Rangers from 1940-1994 and the Bo-Sox from 1918-2004.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
In a recent interview with ISS, Bob Mckenzie says Canada should have won last year against the USA.

But they didn't................ Like Alexander Daigle said, no one (except Canadians apparently) remembers who comes in second (or want to disect the particulars of a loss in the gold medal game at the WJC's and rationalize it one year later).

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Canadian_man said:
As much as people want to deny it, last year was perhaps the biggest choke in hockey history since Steve Smith in 1986. I have no doubt about that, we should have won for sure.

Something tells me Team Canada's juniors have been cursed, like the Rangers from 1940-1994 and the Bo-Sox from 1918-2004.

Do you even know how to spell Sweden? :D

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Canadian_man said:
Bah, ok, Canadian hockey history. :)

Fair enough but personally I think the puck had eyes. Fleury and Seabrook(?) couldn't duplicate that if they tried more than once in a hundred attempts.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Crosbyfan said:
Fair enough but personally I think the puck had eyes. Fleury and Seabrook(?) couldn't duplicate that if they tried more than once in a hundred attempts.

Coburn.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I feel that Russia should have won its third in a row last year. I believe all of Canada feels the same about Canada.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
wilka91 said:
I feel that Russia should have won its third in a row last year. I believe all of Canada feels the same about Canada.

Russia sucked last year big time. The team had no chemistry, all the pucks were going to Ovechkin, argues within a team... But still, the team so f***** up and with no chemistry almost got to the semis. How? On pure talent. And then they crushed Slovaks in a game for the 5th position.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Boomhower said:
Whenever a team is ahead by two goals entering the third period, they should always win, but stuff happens and people choke.

I think it was one goal. And then they allowed two in the third period. I don't think Russians and Americans scored 3 goals in the third period. Being one goal ahead entering the third period is not such enormous advantage. But I agree.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
TORRUS said:
I think it was one goal. And then they allowed two in the third period. I don't think Russians and Americans scored 3 goals in the third period. Being one goal ahead entering the third period is not such enormous advantage. But I agree.

No, the score was 3-1 after two....

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TORRUS said:
And then they crushed Slovaks in a game for the 5th position.

Russia won 3-2 ... I don't think the word "crush" best describes a 3-2 score

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
nomorekids said:
Gosh, how much longer is this loss going to be rationalized? It's already NEXT YEAR. Get over it, already. Canada didn't beat themselves. Give some credit where it's due. Jeez.

Team Canada choked big time and that's a fact. You can give all the credit in the world to the Americans, but that gold medal was Canada's until Team Canada choked (it's not only Fleury's fault, all the team stop to play in the 3rd, EVERYBODY on the team). USA boys can have all the credit they want, they won, but in all of our Canadian's heart we know who should have won.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
Team Canada choked big time and that's a fact. You can give all the credit in the world to the Americans, but that gold medal was Canada's until Team Canada choked (it's not only Fleury's fault, all the team stop to play in the 3rd, EVERYBODY on the team). USA boys can have all the credit they want, they won, but in all of our Canadian's heart we know who should have won.

should have, could have, would have.

i suppose you're willing to admit the bruins choked in the playoffs, and that the canadiens deserved no credit for the series win?

i didn't think so.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Bruins choked from game 2, they were just lucky to win 3 games in this best of 7, they played like crap while Montreal played good hockey. Back on topic: I didn't said that USA didn't diserve to win, they played a great tourney, I'm just saying that Team Canada add this game won before they litteraly stop to give an effort.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
The Bruins choked from game 2, they were just lucky to win 3 games in this best of 7, they played like crap while Montreal played good hockey. Back on topic: I didn't said that USA didn't diserve to win, they played a great tourney, I'm just saying that Team Canada add this game won before they litteraly stop to give an effort.

How do you know that the Americans brought their best through the first two periods? I didn't see the same performance in the first half of that game that I saw in earlier games in the series. The loss can't be solely blamed on Fleury because the Americans were getting TONS of chances in the third. The speed of the Americans finally wore out the bigger Canadian defense...and that's why the team was assembled the way it was, this year. Slippery, lightning fast offense and vision-oriented passing defense. A good comparison was last year's cup...the Flames were a big, tough, grinding team with some offensive flair...and the Lightning were smaller, wilier and quicker. The Flames rode the Bolts out to start..but after a while they petered out. That's what happened last year at the WJCs...and could very well happen again.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
wilka91 said:
Russia won 3-2 ... I don't think the word "crush" best describes a 3-2 score

So they "crushed" the 6th place team 3-2 eh?

No wonder Wilka's disappointed they didn't win gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->