Speculation: Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Looks like he's available and probably can be had for a relatively low price. Benning had reportedly been interested in the past. Cap hit is $5.25M for two more years. Much cheaper than comparable UFA options. He will turn 25 and produced 20 goals and 35 points last year in 65 games. Durability is a concern. Off-ice problems are a greater concern. But his family is here and could possibly keep him in line? Should Benning try to acquire him?

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Nope. Bennings says he's all about character and keeping guys like Evander away from the young kids. This guy was hated by the Winnipeg dressing room should tell us all we need to know about him.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Nope. Bennings says he's all about character and keeping guys like Evander away from the young kids. This guy was hated by the Winnipeg dressing room should tell us all we need to know about him.

But reportedly Benning was interested in trading for him before he went to Buffalo. So hated in Winnipeg locker room or not, Benning was still interested in acquiring him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Might be interesting. Having been given up by two teams and built up a reputation to be a total dick, Kane MAY recognize this is likely his final chance to get his act straight. Being in his hometown and under the influence of Sedins might get him going again.

Would still be a risky acquisition, not to mention this would involve Benning "trading" and "negotiating." He might give up one of our good prospects or throw away picks again.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
This is one player we should stay clear from. Unless ofcourse the price is very cheap we can always give it a shot for 1 year.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Only way I'd be interested is if Dorsett, Sbisa or Burrows was going the other way and it was for minimal futures, ie: No 1st round pick and no top prospects.

tylerseguin

Jun 6, 2016
Italia
Might be interesting. Having been given up by two teams and built up a reputation to be a total dick, Kane MAY recognize this is likely his final chance to get his act straight. Being in his hometown and under the influence of Sedins might get him going again.

Would still be a risky acquisition, not to mention this would involve Benning "trading" and "negotiating." He might give up one of our good prospects or throw away picks again.

Yep, but IMHO there's a problem in Vancouver.
If you have a strong organization you can bring a crazy horse.

I don't see, honestly, a strong front office in Vancouver so don't think the Canucks organizionation would be the right franchise for a player like Kane.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Will a 24 year old owed $12M the next two seasons think it's his final chance to get his act straight? Should he?

His off-ice legal problems concern me. But he seems really tight with his family so I'm thinking that if he is close to family he will be straightened out. If he can be had for cheap I would want Benning to give him a shot. He's a productive player if he can avoid injuries and his on ice work ethic hasn't been questioned I don't think.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Of all the places for Evander Kane to go to "work out his issues" off the ice...Vancouver would be literally at the very absolute bottom of my list of good ideas.

Also, "cheap" to acquire is still assets that we can't afford to be spending on a potential problem. Whereas Free Agents are...free, other than their cap number.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
No thanks. He should go play with PK in Nashville. I think one of the reasons the Canucks got rid of McCann was because he was showing signs of being a bit of a diva. Last thing we need is Kane rubbing off on Virtanen.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
But reportedly Benning was interested in trading for him before he went to Buffalo. So hated in Winnipeg locker room or not, Benning was still interested in acquiring him.

Well yeah Bennings a proven hypocrite, doesn't make it a good idea. Even if we did get Kane he's a Virtanen like player, when Sedins gone were hurting for playmakers

cooker24

May 7, 2002
Visit site
No thanks. He should go play with PK in Nashville. I think one of the reasons the Canucks got rid of McCann was because he was showing signs of being a bit of a diva. Last thing we need is Kane rubbing off on Virtanen.

I think it's too late to be worried about that. Virtanen has all of that stuff figured out on his own.:laugh:

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Of all the places for Evander Kane to go to "work out his issues" off the ice...Vancouver would be literally at the very absolute bottom of my list of good ideas.

Also, "cheap" to acquire is still assets that we can't afford to be spending on a potential problem. Whereas Free Agents are...free, other than their cap number.

I know Evander and I'd say being close to his family would be a good thing. Better than anywhere else imo. That still isn't to say that he's a total ***** with character flaws. He'd be at his best here though with family and friends. I think he would "attempt" to put his best foot forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad