Rumor: Evander Kane

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Have the Red Wings ever had a black player? Not a prospect, like an everyday lineup guy?

Of course. Andreas Lilja.

worrell.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Have the Red Wings ever had a black player? Not a prospect, like an everyday lineup guy?

Nathan Robinson was the last one I remember suiting up for a handful of games, so not really a regular.

The search turned up a total of three.

Nathan Robinson - 5 games
Brian Johnson - 3 games (all his NHL games)
Tony McKegney - 14 games

McKegney was really the only player to have much of a NHL career. He was of course a part of the ill-fated Oates and MacLean for Federko with McKegney swap.

I believe he was the highest scoring black player until Iginla broke his records.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'd take a flyer on him. He's signed for this season and 4 more at 5.25M. It would most likely take Tatar + 1st, maybe more, I'm not really sure what the situation, if he wants out (like Turris or Wheeler) or if he needs a change of scenery.

Detroit Sports*

Heh, that article.

"NHL forward Peter Worrell is 6-foot-7 and black. Friend and former teammate Andreas Lilja is 6-foot-3 and Swedish. Police could tell the difference."

Implying that black people can't possibly be from Sweden. /me looks over at Johnny Oduya. Whoops.

Yeah that was a little racist.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Spector's Hockey ‏@SpectorsHockey 1 min
As per @TSNBobMcKenzie, Teams calling about Pacioretty, #Habs not shopping him. #Jets not shopping E. Kane but teams watching situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->