Rumor: Evander Kane

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Came across this, thought it was interesting since I have a love affair with this kid.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-gaborik-evander-kane-others-available/page/6

I know our cap situation is a mess, so I dont realistically think any trade with the Wings could happen since I am sure Winnipeg doesnt want salary in return. I just think the world of Kane, he is under contract for the next 3 years, is 22, blazing speed, hits like a truck and can handle himself in a fight.

Would have to give up a lot more to get him now that he is under contract (unlike a few years ago), but what does this board think?

Again, I am biased, I think the world of him. I would trade just about anyone the Jets named within reason to get him and waive anyone I had to get under the cap this year. The cap goes up next year, a lot; conservative estimates have it going up $5M, which is how much Kane makes.

Anyway, I am not that learned on the cap, so I could be a fool. But I would give up a lot for E.Kane and slice this roster up to get him via trades for nothing and waivers.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
A 1st, XO/Sproul, Quincey, Andersson, Sheahan/Ferraro, Mrazek etc. Probably need a lot more quality. I'd entertain trading Nyquist, Jurco and maybe Jarnkrok.

Last edited:

Phil18

Jul 13, 2013
Montréal
I saw some sources that he could be traded to montreal against Max Pacioretty, Bergevin attended a couple games of the winnipeg jets

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
The Jets aren't rebuilding anymore. They want to compete now so I'm guessing they want a piece that is similar to Kane in that they have a high ceiling & are young. IIRC they are looking for a long term answer in the #2 LH spot so something like DeKeyser+Tatar might entice them though I don't think I'd do if I was the Jets. Either way I think it starts off with DeKeyser as the center piece from our team.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
These costs.

I sound like Holland.

Well it's not like the Jets would give away the former 4th overall pick. It's not like he's under performed in his career thus far. He'd have back to back 30 goal years if not for the lockout & that's playing with Little as his C. Imagine if he was able to play with Datsyuk or Zetterberg he'd be almost a lock for 40 goals.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Well it's not like the Jets would give away the former 4th overall pick. It's not like he's under performed in his career thus far. He'd have back to back 30 goal years if not for the lockout & that's playing with Little as his C. Imagine if he was able to play with Datsyuk or Zetterberg he'd be almost a lock for 40 goals.

I get that.

But some of the packages being suggested here are our best d prospect, a top goalie prospect, a few plugs, and a young top6 forward, plus maybe even a first rounder.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I get that.

But some of the packages being suggested here are our best d prospect, a top goalie prospect, a few plugs, and a young top6 forward, plus maybe even a first rounder.

Weren't both Ericsson and Smith considered two of our best D prospects at one point? Are goaltenders really that valuable as prospects when you are getting a very young 30+ goal scorer (something that none of our younger players have proven to be as of yet)? And a first rounder isn't such a big deal unless you plan on being one of the worst teams in the NHL, and with Datsyuk and Zetterberg that won't happen.

The packages wouldn't kill our team. And when you have a guy that young and that good, you are going to have to overpay.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Could something like Kindl + Franzen + prospect + pick make sense????

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Could something like Kindl + Franzen + prospect + pick make sense????

If you want to suffer the recapture penalty for Franzen's retirement, then maybe the Wings do it. That's a big risk, and I don't see the Jets making that move.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, we really don't have the pieces to make a trade like this.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yeah, we really don't have the pieces to make a trade like this.

I disagree, we definitely do. First of all, these demands that the fans make are NEVER what the fans think they'll get. Think Rick Nash brought in what CBJ fans thought he would? Not even close.

If Kane gets moved, the Wings definitely have the pieces.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Any trade for Evander Kane starts with Danny Dekeyser, which isn't happening.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I disagree, we definitely do. First of all, these demands that the fans make are NEVER what the fans think they'll get. Think Rick Nash brought in what CBJ fans thought he would? Not even close.

If Kane gets moved, the Wings definitely have the pieces.

Ok, I'm willing to entertain that thought. I remember the haul for the kovalchuk deal ended up being pretty lame.

What do you think is a realistic package that would work for both sides?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Ok, I'm willing to entertain that thought. I remember the haul for the kovalchuk deal ended up being pretty lame.

What do you think is a realistic package that would work for both sides?

Nyquist, Smith and Mrzaek would be an unbelievable haul for Kane IMO.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A top 6 winger isn't worth one of the 3 true top 4 d we have + additional pieces.

I disagree. But you're free to think I'm wrong.

1st line winger who will score 30+ a year. Call the guy what he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->