Proposal: Evander Kane to the Devils

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Devils don't really need an LW with both Hall and Johansson occupying the top six spots. Playing Kane in the bottom six also isn't very smart either. I think with Henrique gone McLeod will have a chance (along with a couple of other kids) to show if he can get a hold of that role. To go along with that, I don't think he is a fit or a good role model for the youngsters. I've heard he has corrected his behavior but I'm still doubtful of this self-proclaimed 50 goal scorer.

No trade to be made since there is no need for him.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I like McLeod, but I think Kane is likely worth more. Either way I don’t necessarily think Shero would trade for Kane. Seems unlikely either team would make this trade.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
yeah, the devils aren't gonna lose sight of the continued build they are on - i would bet they are content letting this season play out how it may, if they make it great, if not, it should be a step in the right direction. i would be shocked if they traded futures for a rental.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Kane is a UFA, no thanks. We're not really going to compete this year (prove me wrong, Devils), so trading our top non-NHL prospect for an impending free agent is a bad plan.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
interesting concept.

The Devils already have a plethora of left shot left wings, which is partially the reason why Henrique was traded. I really like Kane as a player, but can't see us trading for a pending UFA.

Also, you wouldn't need to retain salary. Devils have plenty of cap space.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I can’t see the Devils parting with what he’d cost right now.

I think he’d be a great fit as a FA and they could pay him, but who knows if he’d choose NJD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad