Proposal: Evander Kane to LA

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Once Dwight King went off Richards/Toffoli's wing, the line went stale.

That say's a lot about King...

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
A shut down center or winger lol. Really. Our biggest concern is offensive production, we need someone who's offensively talented and can shoot and make plays too for Richards and Toffoli.

So your saying that you believe our troubles against the Hawks is that we can't score, right?

I see it differently. I think when we won our cup we had less O talent on the team then we do today but we played a much more structured shut down D system from top to bottom. A player like Chris Stewart would be a great add imo. He would hit intimidate and provide some level of scoring while playing responsibly in his own zone too. I am not saying he is the perfect fit but he would be better then going out and getting a one dimensional player like Squid or anyone of his ilk.

That said for the Richards line by the time the playoffs roll around we will have one of the heaviest hitting 30+ per season goal scoring LW's in the game today on that line and the guy has recently won the cup.

My point was that we need someone for our 3rd line. I never said we need anyone for our second.

But it is apples and socks. There may be more than one way to skin a cat or that is what I will say without being insulting to anyone.

Last edited:

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
So your saying that you believe our troubles against the Hawks is that we can't score, right?

I see it differently. I think when we won our cup we had less O talent on the team then we do today but we played a much more structured shut down D system from top to bottom. A player like Chris Stewart would be a great add imo. He would hit intimidate and provide some level of scoring while playing responsibly in his own zone too. I am not saying he is the perfect fit but he would be better then going out and getting a one dimensional player like Squid or anyone of his ilk.

That said for the Richards line by the time the playoffs roll around we will have one of the heaviest hitting 30+ per season goal scoring LW's in the game today on that line and the guy has recently won the cup.

My point was that we need someone for our 3rd line. I never said we need anyone for our second.

But it is apples and socks. There may be more than one way to skin a cat or that is what I will say without being insulting to anyone.

Do you think Dallas would consider moving Ray Whitney? He's as old as dirt but he's still got some offensive skills and he'd be an asset on our stagnate PP.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Not sure Brown's game is going to work with Richards/Toffoli... I'm not against trying it because that's the only way to find out for sure. Brown does well in a cycle game. Kinda like the adjustment Kopitar is going through playing with Carter. Don't see the 2 games matching up.

Vanek/Moulson: Any upgrade from Lewis is still an upgrade.
1 will they fit into the Kings system?
2: do Richards/Toffoli need a scoring winger/playmaker or a physical player that can hold the puck/buy time.

Ideally for Richards/Toffoli I'd want someone that's capable of going into the corner digging the puck out buying time and getting a accurate pass to Richards. Then throw in good positionally/strong on back check.... decent on the rush... Basically King 2.0. Sounds like a defense conversion.

I believe Sutter was joking, hard to tell, when talking about Martinez at forward. He isn't as physical as I'd initially want. The tradeoff is that he is decent at jumping into the play. Martinez also has a good pass. Most importantly when Mitchel gets back this can be tried without making a roster move. Really replacing Lewis with Martinez going to be any worse.

Maybe Nic will be ready by the playoffs.

Are there any other D out there that maybe could be used to fill the hole? Don't need a full blow power forward skill set... just duplicate King and put him in a simple enough game plan to flourish.

Edit: Cap hell is the reason here for thinking out of the box as to how to fix the problem on LW on the cheap.

KingKopitar11*

Really don't think that's the problem. Chicago beats us with their speed. Saad danced around our defense. They get the puck up quickly with their speedy shifty wingers making our slow ass defenseman their *****es.

Shut down player is not what this team is missing.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Really don't think that's the problem. Chicago beats us with their speed. Saad danced around our defense. They get the puck up quickly with their speedy shifty wingers making our slow ass defenseman their *****es.

Shut down player is not what this team is missing.

Team needs 1 player for Richards/Toffoli to complete 3 lines and make matchups difficult on opposing teams. Putting those guys with a small speedy winger doesn't work with the Kings grinding possession game. To finish that line out you need someone that can get the puck out of the corners on dumpins and get to the front of the net. Also how much does an offensive guy cost and where are you getting cap space from? Mitchell? Stoll? Williams?

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
I think hartnell would fit really well into the kings system.

Geez if Holmgren made a deal that saw LA get Hartnell for anything more than a bag of pucks, Snider would keep his general manger around for another 5 years at least. LA (or any other NHL team except the Flyers) does not want this player or his contract.

HolyShot*

Geez if Holmgren made a deal that saw LA get Hartnell for anything more than a bag of pucks, Snider would keep his general manger around for another 5 years at least. LA (or any other NHL team except the Flyers) does not want this player or his contract.
He seems like the aggressive player that could drive kopitars line. I'm not saying he's the most skilled, but he's got a top 6 skill set and wouldn't be a cancer in the locker room.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
His contract of 4.75 million for the next 5 seasons after this one is why Hartnell is a bad idea.

I agree that the contract is far from good, but with the cap going up it is not that bad. Every year the cap goes up his contract gets better and better.

I would hope to go after other players with our cap space in the offseason/this year, and then if go after Hartnell if/when all else fails. He still would fit in nicely here.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Do you think Dallas would consider moving Ray Whitney? He's as old as dirt but he's still got some offensive skills and he'd be an asset on our stagnate PP.

I read this as RYAN Whitney at first for some reason and nearly lost my mind :laugh:

I wouldn't be shocked, especially as DL has shown interest in him before. Depends on Dallas' situation down the stretch, though, and by then, we may have already plugged the hole internally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->