Proposal: Evander Kane to LA

HolyShot*

Not really, but how's this trade proposal? And this is what I think WPG would be asking for.

Top 6 player +"A" prospect + "A" prospect + 1st rnd pick for:

Evander kane + 3rd rnd pick.

Would any of u pull off this trade? I really think this is what its gonna take to get us to that next "chicago" and "boston" level. Thoughts?

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Not really, but how's this trade proposal? And this is what I think WPG would be asking for.

Top 6 player +"A" prospect + "A" prospect + 1st rnd pick for:

Evander kane + 3rd rnd pick.

Would any of u pull off this trade? I really think this is what its gonna take to get us to that next "chicago" and "boston" level. Thoughts?

I think we could beat Boston. I don't know if one player is the answer for Chicago.

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
So that would be what, Williams, Toffoli, Forbort AND a 1st? Kane is an idiot, and immature, but I dig the way he plays...he isn't worth all that though, not even close.

I'd consider Vey, Forbort and a 1st...doubt the Peg would bite at that though. Toffoli already puts up the same amount of points as Kane, it'd be counter productive to include him in any prospective deal

HolyShot*

So that would be what, Williams, Toffoli, Forbort AND a 1st? Kane is an idiot, and immature, but I dig the way he plays...he isn't worth all that though, not even close.

I'd consider Vey, Forbort and a 1st...doubt the Peg would bite at that though. Toffoli already puts up the same amount of points as Kane, it'd be counter productive to include him in any prospective deal

Yeah but Kane is physical and hits, intangibles that Lombardi and many other GMs covet.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
A re-signed Scrivens, Frattin , Clifford and a 1st - would that get us a good left winger ? how good ? presuming we get Scrivens signed to a good contract

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
rejection_stamp.jpg

Ron*

Some people can not just help themselves.

How about this? Let's not trade ANYONE from a Los Angeles team that has had its best start in franchise history AND is near the top of the league in points halfway through the season!

How about we stop with these stupid ****ing trade proposal threads now?

Close it.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

How about this? Let's not trade ANYONE from a Los Angeles team that has had its best start in franchise history AND is near the top of the league in points halfway through the season!

Close it.

Ron

I for one appreciate your directness. I also agree. We have the players we need to win the cup. We have good coaching and the best mgmt team in the game. We don't need to go outside for any help, we need to use the players that we have in the best possible manner. So far we are going pretty great and we have half a season to get things down even better.

If we go into the playoffs with this exact roster perfectly healthy (including having the MCH kids all available) we have an excellent shot at another cup.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
I love Kane, but if he's available there's no way we put together the best offer. We're already a contender so there's no reason to make a desperate move like this. If we really want to improve the roster, step 1 should be to get Vey back in there.

HolyShot*

Close it.

This is the general copout for people who can't admit we're still not at that level yet. Really, what are the chances we beat chi in a 7 game series? I wouldn't think they're that high.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Close it.

Concur with the boldfaced, if it ain't broken, why fix it?

I think sure you can always get better but the cost to get E Kane would be much higher than we should be willing to pay.

This is the general copout for people who can't admit we're still not at that level yet. Really, what are the chances we beat chi in a 7 game series? I wouldn't think they're that high.

Well, I don't think it's a personnel thing. Do you think the margin of difference between us and Chicago is Evander Kane? To me, it looks more like a systems/matchups thing that we need to figure out. E Kane doesn't stop odd-man breaks against.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
To be honest the only trade I think they should make is Lewis and or Fraser for a draft pick. This team is damn good.

HolyShot*

Concur with the boldfaced, if it ain't broken, why fix it?

I think sure you can always get better but the cost to get E Kane would be much higher than we should be willing to pay.

Well, I don't think it's a personnel thing. Do you think the margin of difference between us and Chicago is Evander Kane? To me, it looks more like a systems/matchups thing that we need to figure out. E Kane doesn't stop odd-man breaks against.

I think kane would mean a hell of a difference to this team in many ways. Look what king has done on this team and many people still don't think he's a top six.

Why should the cost to get kane be much higher than were willing to pay? We've got tons of assets and were in win now mode, we should be knocking the door down for guys like kane.

Like I said, he's skilled and he plays a physical game, something that lombardi and co value very highly. He fights too.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think kane would mean a hell of a difference to this team in many ways. Look what king has done on this team and many people still don't think he's a top six.

Why should the cost to get kane be much higher than were willing to pay? We've got tons of assets and were in win now mode, we should be knocking the door down for guys like kane.

Like I said, he's skilled and he plays a physical game, something that lombardi and co value very highly. He fights too.

Don't get me wrong, Kane plays Kings hockey, big, fast, and mean, and he's a LW. if we were to make a trade, I agree with you, he should be target #1.

The question to ask is what does WPG want for him? Most of the fans on the main board say something akin to Toffoli/1st/+, and pretty much no prospects other than Toffoli are intriguing to them. We ARE in win now mode but not at the expense of the near future, so are you willing to 'plug' one hole by opening another one?

HolyShot*

Don't get me wrong, Kane plays Kings hockey, big, fast, and mean, and he's a LW. if we were to make a trade, I agree with you, he should be target #1.

The question to ask is what does WPG want for him? Most of the fans on the main board say something akin to Toffoli/1st/+, and pretty much no prospects other than Toffoli are intriguing to them. We ARE in win now mode but not at the expense of the near future, so are you willing to 'plug' one hole by opening another one?
How would trading toffoli create a hole? He doesn't even play in our top 6 right now. He doesn't fit unless you trade williams or carter which we wouldn't do.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor

If Kings are healthy, very huge. We all know Kings weren't in best condition last PO against them and as far last defeat in Chicago one week ago goes, this was Kings fourth match in six nights on the road and last match of second back-to-back in this six nights. And angry Chicago because of humiliation one night before. I'm sure this all had influence on them...

Next match in one week time in Chicago will be a bit different because it will be Chicago third match in four nights (they'll face Colorado and St. Louis before Kings) and Kings will have normal schedule till that match (after tommorow game five days rest and then Nashville on Saturday).

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
How would trading toffoli create a hole? He doesn't even play in our top 6 right now. He doesn't fit unless you trade williams or carter which we wouldn't do.

Toffoli is untouchable period! now if they take say

vey
frattin/pearson
forbort
1st

then yes otherwise nope.... now lets get back to reality shall we:laugh:

Winger23

May 3, 2007

He's just not top 6 based on the lines, unless you think stoll is the true #2 center over Richards.

Trading a kid who is almost at a point per game along with other assets is just stupid at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad