Evander Kane goes off on DoPS

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Wrong guy, right sentiment.

In the same week a 6’9 player cross checked a player in the throat/face, all that cost him was a parking ticket.

Jeremy Jacobs has DoPS and zebras in his pocket.

McAvoy should give Jacobs a ring then, cause he's constantly getting his bell rung for the price of a 2 minute roughing penalty. Maybe he needs him to go to bat or grease the wheels a little.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He also tweeted this before coming out with that statement to further prove his point.

I dunno what's worse. The fact that Gallagher got 2 mins for taking a cross check to the neck, or Chara not getting suspended. I don't know why Boston gets to play with a different set of rules.

^ No suspension, no fine, no penalty. Targeted knee on knee, then runs Marleau into the stanchion. But Kadri got suspended the entire series for retaliation. Literally not even a penalty called on that play. Any other player goes knee on knee like that on purpose, instant suspension. DOPS is an absolute joke.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
McAvoy should give Jacobs a ring then, cause he's constantly getting his bell rung for the price of a 2 minute roughing penalty. Maybe he needs him to go to bat or grease the wheels a little.
I think the refs have a hard time differentiating his dives from him getting rocked.

Reactions: Oleksiak

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I dunno what's worse. The fact that Gallagher got 2 mins for taking a cross check to the neck, or Chara not getting suspended. I don't know why Boston gets to play with a different set of rules.

^ No suspension, no fine, no penalty. Targeted knee on knee, then runs Marleau into the stanchion. But Kadri got suspended the entire series for retaliation. Literally not even a penalty called on that play. Any other player goes knee on knee like that on purpose, instant suspension. DOPS is an absolute joke.

Kadri very clearly tries to jump around DeBrusk and catches the knee himself, I'm sure if you find the original thread on the incident almost all impartial fans were saying the same thing.

Reactions: Bocephus86

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Kadri very clearly tries to jump around DeBrusk and catches the knee himself, I'm sure if you find the original thread on the incident almost all impartial fans were saying the same thing.

Boston fans* Clear knee on knee, leading the hit with his knee. Even ignore that, explain the Chara cross check to the neck getting nothing ?

It's a known fact Boston gets special treatment around the nhl. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Bruins owner being the chairman of the NHL board of governors and Parros boss. It's a joke.

Reactions: jfhabs

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
What do people expect?

Any process that's overseen by people is going to be flawed. Period.

Look a the legal system. This has people who have spent their entire lives in the legal profession, yet we have The Juice walking away from a double homicide.

Karla Homolka is living free as a bird.

I mean, if you want a microcosm of inconsistency, have a look at this place.

You have people making death threats against players of opposing teams, which I'm pretty sure is against the site rules, and nothing happens.

Yet if you reply saying the poster is acting like a 5 year old, here comes the Troll Stomper!!

Argue the point not the poster is what you get. Jesus, look at this thread alone, so many personal attacks, against Mods to boot!!

As long as people are involved in dishing out punishment, you're going to have those that are pleased and those that are pissed off.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i believe they need to start with getting rid of the notion of suspension level depending on a player being hurt or not. we heard burke say it last night flat out re: kassian's kick - no injury..

if the DOPS starts suspending on the ACT instead of the result, things become clearer. you can directly board a player and one guy gets up shakes it off, the other guy separates his shoulder - the difference could be 5 degrees in how he is standing.

suspend the dangerous ACT

Reactions: Kegsey

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
To be honest, it was just as inconsistent under Pronger, Shanahan and now Parros.
Bingo! It’s a figurehead position. I would bet money all these guys wanted to hand out more games and even improve the system. I would bet even more money Campbell and his ilk killed it all.

i believe they need to start with getting rid of the notion of suspension level depending on a player being hurt or not. we heard burke say it last night flat out re: kassian's kick - no injury..

if the DOPS starts suspending on the ACT instead of the result, things become clearer. you can directly board a player and one guy gets up shakes it off, the other guy separates his shoulder - the difference could be 5 degrees in how he is standing.

suspend the dangerous ACT
Also this! So much this!

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
He also tweeted this before coming out with that statement to further prove his point.

Savage and so damn true.

Paros plays favourites and it’s f***ing clear as day.

Since he took over no player has been suspended for hits against Sharks (he was a Duck) and the Leafs (Colton Orr ended his career).

This guy has no professionalism and should be removed from his position.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

I said at the time the refs let DeBrusk and the Bruins in general get away with everything and it's what lead Kadri to do what he did.

Reactions: AvroArrow

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Savage and so damn true.

Paros plays favourites and it’s ****ing clear as day.

Since he took over no player has been suspended for hits against Sharks (he was a Duck) and the Leafs (Colton Orr ended his career).

This guy has no professionalism and should be removed from his position.
I have actually thought that Parros hates the Leafs because his career ended with that Colton Orr fight, even though he agreed to take part and it was a horrible siutation no one wanted to see happen.

Reactions: Mats13

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
What do people expect?

Any process that's overseen by people is going to be flawed. Period.

Look a the legal system. This has people who have spent their entire lives in the legal profession, yet we have The Juice walking away from a double homicide.

Karla Homolka is living free as a bird.

I mean, if you want a microcosm of inconsistency, have a look at this place.

You have people making death threats against players of opposing teams, which I'm pretty sure is against the site rules, and nothing happens.

Yet if you reply saying the poster is acting like a 5 year old, here comes the Troll Stomper!!

Argue the point not the poster is what you get. Jesus, look at this thread alone, so many personal attacks, against Mods to boot!!

As long as people are involved in dishing out punishment, you're going to have those that are pleased and those that are pissed off.

Yet, we know exactly why he got off. Undocumented treatment of evidence and a head of forensics that was dishonest. It carried precedent that had been set that the evidence had become inadmissible, and thus there was no physical evidence against him. Criminal court deals in absolutes. Civil can deal with likelihood (thus why he was found responsible in the civil trial).

If anything, the DoPS should become more like the legal system. Player is charged with a graded charge, facing a set suspension, has the option to please guilty or not guilty. The group that reviews the play and lays the charges should not be the ones that hear the matter and make the decision.

Kane should absolutely have been suspended for his elbow on Pionk… But what the one he did a few days earlier in Calgary? There was no action taken on that one - why when the hits were virtually identical?

HartAU

Mar 28, 2014

I completely agree with the sentiment, and it's something I've been saying for a number of years.

That said, I do see the other side of it. There is a perception of injustice if one guy boards someone in a way most would say it's a minor penalty, but the opposing player gets an unfortunately injury - compared to the player who absolutely ruins someone with a vicious board but the opposition player is miraculously fine. There is always going to be an aspect of "if you cause the other guy to miss time, you miss time."

As much as I hate the inconsistency of DoPS, read through any thread on these boards about a questionable hit and you'll see the entire gamut of opinions from "clean hit" to "suspended 20". With that in mind, how is it even possible to ever have a system people thinks is fair and consistent?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Parros is a piece of shit and always has been.

last year he skipped over so many hits that should’ve been suspensions

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The problem is that people think that anyone actually associated with the NHL wants a real DOPS. The players union doesn’t want suspensions and fights even the ones that are clear as day deserved (sorry, I don’t buy the “protecting our rights” argument), and management wants the players on the ice because they’re an investment. DOP$ has a pretty clear mandate to do just enough to keep the media talking heads from drawing negative attention to the league while providing cover for the next CTE class action lawsuit.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
It’s about consistency. In addition to this incident and Crouse he also has a point in regard to Chara getting off Scott free (per usual) for the exact same thing he got a game for in the f***ing playoffs 2 years ago. Parros is garbage and clearly biased operating in a position that requires one to be impartial. That asshole needs to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->