Confirmed with Link: Evan Rodrigues signs 1 year, $2M contract

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
What happened with Copp....his hearing was on the 21st and the arbitrator came back with a number 48 hours later. Maybe I'm missing something?
Hearing was at 9am, 48 hours passed and word wasn't made official until early evening

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Good value for him , somewhere in between where both teams we’re negotiating

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Seems fair. What was his QO? And what will that make his QO next summer if he just wants to sign it to get to UFA?

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Seems fair. What was his QO? And what will that make his QO next summer if he just wants to sign it to get to UFA?
I think his QO will be 2mil, i believe anything under 1mil gets a 10% raise and everything 1mil and over gets 100% of the current AV.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think his QO will be 2mil, i believe anything under 1mil gets a 10% raise and everything 1mil and over gets 100% of the current AV.

Close, the 10% raise is going away since the league minimum is now above the $660,000 lower limit. It's 5% from league minimum to $1M and then just the previous season's base salary for those above $1M.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

Close, the 10% raise is going away since the league minimum is now above the $660,000 lower limit. It's 5% from league minimum to $1M and then just the previous season's base salary for those above $1M.
Also note that QOs are based on the previous season's paragraph 1 salary meaning 1) signing bonuses don't count and 2) AAV doesn't matter either, only the last year of the deal. Granted, since we're dealing with a one year deal here, there's no difference, but it's how you end up with Timo Meier having a contract that pays him $24M/4 years, but when the deal ends he'll have a $10M QO.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
why trade EROD? How about playing him with Eichel where he should be playing. You know, play a player where he will excel and has shown it before?

He's not the caliber of player a winning team has in their top-6. I don't hate E-Rod but he's already closing in on his ceiling. Happy with this offer and his willingness to do the dirty work on these lines but if he's sniffing top-6 minutes than I'm not optimistic. Lotta effort, lotta grit, low ceiling-type player.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
He's not the caliber of player a winning team has in their top-6. I don't hate E-Rod but he's already closing in on his ceiling. Happy with this offer and his willingness to do the dirty work on these lines but if he's sniffing top-6 minutes than I'm not optimistic. Lotta effort, lotta grit, low ceiling-type player.

We'd be very lucky to have 6 forwards better than E-Rod next season. That would mean Olofsson jumped right into a top 6 role and Mittelstadt took a huge step forward. Unless both of those things happen, E-Rod is definitely among the best 6 forwards on the Sabres right now. Looking ahead to future seasons when we hopefully have better talent up front, I'm still a big fan of E-Rod as a middle 6 utility guy who can play up and down the line-up as needed (e.g., someone's injured, the lines aren't clicking and need to be shuffled, etc.)

OswegoSabresFan

Jan 7, 2018
The bigger question... Can you name 5 players he is better then?

We'd be very lucky to have 6 forwards better than E-Rod next season. That would mean Olofsson jumped right into a top 6 role and Mittelstadt took a huge step forward. Unless both of those things happen, E-Rod is definitely among the best 6 forwards on the Sabres right now. Looking ahead to future seasons when we hopefully have better talent up front, I'm still a big fan of E-Rod as a middle 6 utility guy who can play up and down the line-up as needed (e.g., someone's injured, the lines aren't clicking and need to be shuffled, etc.)

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
The bigger question... Can you name 5 players he is better then?
Easily?

Tage
Sobuttka
Sheary
Okposo
Mitts (obviously Mitts has higher potential)
Wilson
Girgs (tho at this point Girgs is playing a different role)

Tage might eventually (and hopefully) develop to the point where he is clearly above Erod, but he's certainly not there now.

Reactions: sabremike

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

That's fair. I like to think we'll keep improving and if we're on the cusp of a playoff run come February, we'll add someone else.

In terms of guys I'd rather see ahead of him:

1. Eichel
2. Reinhart
3. Skinner
4. Mittelstadt- I'm high on him but I get that he's risky'
5. Olofsson
6. Becomes a hodgepodge of guys who shouldn't be in a good team's top-6 unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad