Evan McGrath

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Big Phil, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Phil

Big Phil Registered User

I live in Kitchener and go to the games often enough to see McGrath and he has disapointed me so far this year. He will definitely be a first rounder this year but soem lists have him in the top ten and I can't figure out why? He is not nearly the player Mike Richards is, even from the same age. And Richards was barely a first rounder. I don't like how McGrath stays out of the corners and his point total should be at more than 0.93 a game. I thought he would be aiming at a 80-90 point season for sure. Does anyone know why he is rated as high as he is. On some lists he is higher than Robbie Schrempf for crying out loud and I would definetly take Robbie.

2. Vincent_TheGreat

Vincent_TheGreat Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    I didn't particularly like him, but he has seemed to regress, I would take Wolski, Schremp and Berti over him.

3. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    I don't like him at all, he may actually fall out of the first round but I think he goes mid 20's.

4. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

I think he'll drop as well... he already has.

5. CharlieGirl

CharlieGirl Thank you Mr. Snider

Home Page:
    If he steps it up for the rest of the season, he could go in the late 1st or early 2nd round, but I agree - he doesn't play near as physical as he could. He has a ton of natural skill, but he uses it sparingly. Lots of potential, and I really want to like his game, but so far this year he's seemed a little lost.

As far as comparing him to Richards at last year's draft, last year was a very deep draft. If Richards were on this year's list he'd be top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.