Evan McGrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I live in Kitchener and go to the games often enough to see McGrath and he has disapointed me so far this year. He will definitely be a first rounder this year but soem lists have him in the top ten and I can't figure out why? He is not nearly the player Mike Richards is, even from the same age. And Richards was barely a first rounder. I don't like how McGrath stays out of the corners and his point total should be at more than 0.93 a game. I thought he would be aiming at a 80-90 point season for sure. Does anyone know why he is rated as high as he is. On some lists he is higher than Robbie Schrempf for crying out loud and I would definetly take Robbie.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Big Phil said:
I live in Kitchener and go to the games often enough to see McGrath and he has disapointed me so far this year. He will definitely be a first rounder this year but soem lists have him in the top ten and I can't figure out why? He is not nearly the player Mike Richards is, even from the same age. And Richards was barely a first rounder. I don't like how McGrath stays out of the corners and his point total should be at more than 0.93 a game. I thought he would be aiming at a 80-90 point season for sure. Does anyone know why he is rated as high as he is. On some lists he is higher than Robbie Schrempf for crying out loud and I would definetly take Robbie.

I didn't particularly like him, but he has seemed to regress, I would take Wolski, Schremp and Berti over him.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
If he steps it up for the rest of the season, he could go in the late 1st or early 2nd round, but I agree - he doesn't play near as physical as he could. He has a ton of natural skill, but he uses it sparingly. Lots of potential, and I really want to like his game, but so far this year he's seemed a little lost.

As far as comparing him to Richards at last year's draft, last year was a very deep draft. If Richards were on this year's list he'd be top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->