Evan Mcgrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I probably spelt his name wrong...

BUt I was just windering when this kid's draft year is...? 2004 or 2005...?

I've heard he's got some nice upside....but I was wondering what you project him to be like...and when he'll crack then NHL...

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
Qubax said:
I probably spelt his name wrong...

BUt I was just windering when this kid's draft year is...? 2004 or 2005...?

I've heard he's got some nice upside....but I was wondering what you project him to be like...and when he'll crack then NHL...

I've been following McGrath since his days with the Oakville Blades (Jr. A) and like his game alot. He's eligible for the upcoming draft in 2004. He was recently ranked as the 3rd best OHL player (behind Wolski and Schremp), and rightfully so in my eyes.
He's got game, but I don't feel he's quite up to par with those two yet. Mind you, with the likes of Richards, Kanko & O'Nabigon on Kitchener's roster, he certainly hasn't had to be the #1 option (although the same could be said of Schremp in London, who's been scoring more).
IMO, McGrath is very good, but not a guy who could make an NHL club at 18 like Staal, Nash and Horton.
Still, he's a solid prospect.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
The next couple of weeks will give McGrath a chance to take a lead role on the Rangers. With Richards and Kanko probably/possibly gone to the World Juniors, he'll be the go to guy.

He definitely has speed and skill - now it's his chance to show what's he's made of.....

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
I'm a fan of Mcgrath and his game but i think we'll see more from him after his time with the Rangers.I don't think he fits in well.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
OneSpeedOnly said:
I'm a fan of Mcgrath and his game but i think we'll see more from him after his time with the Rangers.I don't think he fits in well.
Doesn't fit in how? He's the second line centre (behind Richards) and has started most of the games this year. He has had O'Nabigon and Clarkson as wingers and this line has been very productive so far this year.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Doesn't fit in how? He's the second line centre (behind Richards) and has started most of the games this year. He has had O'Nabigon and Clarkson as wingers and this line has been very productive so far this year.

From maybe the 10 games i've seen him in it looks like he's trying to be something he's not,like he's trying to be Derek Roy or Mike Richards and he's not being Evan Mcgrath. I like his game,when he plays it.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
McGrath seems like he wontmake it till 20 or so, maybe 19 it depends on what team drafts him...he probably go in the top 15 so he could make it like stajin on the leafs....he will be a good 1st liner or probably a solid 2 way 2nder liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad