Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: One for the Money, Two for the Bouch

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
yeh, no to waiving any Dman right now.
Agreed. Most of our dmen are still relatively young, inexperienced and we're not entirely sure what we have with them quite yet. Plus, Klef is a wildcard going forward. Whereas with Chiasson, I think everyone and their dog knows what you have there.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
2 goals and the forwards sits.
2 assists and the defenseman sits.
You didn't know?

This Tippett joke people are making is not funny at all. It's just dumb. It's just people whining about scratching a player that wasn't even needed last night. Tippett also played Evan Bouchard 18 minutes last night.

You didn't know?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This Tippett joke people are making is not funny at all. It's just dumb. It's just people whining about scratching a player that wasn't even needed last night. Tippett also played Evan Bouchard 18 minutes last night.

You didn't know?

Neal wasn't needed but Chiasson was a nothingburger once again.

He handled the 7D well but we'll see if he sits Bouchard when Bear is back

Reactions: 3IR

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
this is random but i was today years old when i found out Bouchard is still on his full 3 year ELC.

this entire time i thought he burned a year already in the AHL.. good stuff

IMO he needs to play every game from now on in the nhl to maximize those ELC years.

His skating clearly improved. His defense okay by his first appearance. His offense potentially the stuff of legend.

I can't believe he has had to wait 10 games before getting a shot while the defense has struggled as bad as it has.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
IMO he needs to play every game from now on in the nhl to maximize those ELC years.

His skating clearly improved. His defense okay by his first appearance. His offense potentially the stuff of legend.

I can't believe he has had to wait 10 games before getting a shot while the defense has struggled as bad as it has.
Feels similar to Draisaitls 15-16 season when he missed the first 10 games of the season after starting in the AHL, and once he got his chance he never looked back

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Best sequence last night was where he made a pinch/pass to McD and even freakin Connor wasn't expecting it.
Later he did the same and McD was all too ready.
Those 2 are gonna transition the puck on teams like crazy.
Hopefully other forwards get up to speed

Yeah that was a beauty, so was his calm and composed read to circle back under pressure with the puck behind our net when he flipped that lob Hail Mary pass to McDavid that led to the first goal.

Guy is so calm and composed with the puck on his stick.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

You didn't know?
PP didn't score a single goal after going what? 4 for 5 the previous game. What exactly is the point of spiting your team like that? "don't need it" lol that is the type of attitude that our players have had in the past that have led to them losing to bottom feeders I guess its slipping into the fanbase at this point.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
it was a waste of 10 games

he's just as good (if not better) as many of the other talented d men in his draft class who got opportunities before him imo (e.g., Dobson, Smith, Boqvist, Sandin).

all in all, I'm glad he developed 2 years post-draft in the minors but tippett better not be a dumbass and put him in the pressbox EVER again

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
In the post game presser, Tippett said that none of our RD have ever played on the left side. I thought I heard that Bouchard was playing on the left side in Sweden, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
In the post game presser, Tippett said that none of our RD have ever played on the left side. I thought I heard that Bouchard was playing on the left side in Sweden, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

He was. That said IMO it'd be a bit much to expect him to stay there at the NHL level.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'll post this here as well it's already in the rumours thread.I didn't know where else to post this so Ken Holland was on Stauffers show this morning and Holland said he expects Bouchard to be in on Saturday

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
I'll post this here as well it's already in the rumours thread.I didn't know where else to post this so Ken Holland was on Stauffers show this morning and Holland said he expects Bouchard to be in on Saturday

Tippett may have his weaknesses but I'm sure he's excited to realize what kind of a new piece he's got. I'd be shocked if he's out of the roster. I just hope he'll keep Bouchard in even if and probably when there's a worse game at some point.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Tippett may have his weaknesses but I'm sure he's excited to realize what kind of a new piece he's got. I'd be shocked if he's out of the roster. I just hope he'll keep Bouchard in even if and probably when there's a worse game at some point.
He's very excited about Jesse and the same can be said about Bouchard. Look at how much both played and how much both were on with McDavid or Draisaitl

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

What Ken wants he gets.

In all seriousness, Holland has been pretty on point when he appears on Stauffer's show. If he says something is going to happen on the show it has been happening.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
No way he sits. For a team struggling to score against teams not named Ott, Bouchards ability to create offense is just too good to sit.
I'm sure when they go over the gametape, they will see that he generated offense on almost every shift.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

He also at one point talked about the right side, "We feel really good about our right side, we got Barrie, Bouchard and uh the other guys"
The whole interview
Holland: Priority #1 is still the Edmonton Oilers

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

You didn't know?
Chiasson in for Neal and Oilers still won only means McDavid and Drai disguise a lot of issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->