Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: One for the Money, Two for the Bouch

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Did you even notice that Ennis was playing last night aside from when banged his stick after a play was whistled down ?

Playing 7D and 1 less forward may require smarter bench managing by coaches but would be beneficial.

Bouchard wouldnt have to be the designated #7 Dman.
You don't need 7D, you need to sit the guys who have been terrible, Barrie and Larsson need a "day off" at least.

Reactions: Aerchon

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
You don't need 7D, you need to sit the guys who have been terrible, Barrie and Larsson need a "day off" at least.
Instead of 'day off' we can start with 'shifts off' until we know what we have in Bouchard. Having 7 available for a game could make them all focus better knowing they cant take shifts off.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Oilers aren't rushing Bouchard. It's easy to see even in the AHL - his passing/vision and wrist shot are elite - but his intensity in his own zone is low.

Oilers didn't rush Klefbom and Petry... but did rush Nurse. I feel Bouchard shoved into the lineup would be like the Canucks rushing Joulevi + Hoglander.

Teams like the Isles and Devils have fewer D prospects than the Oilers so they have roster spots. I think Lagesson is BETTER than Bouchard right now and deserves to be in the NHL. Oilers basically lost John Marino because of the prospect depth... which I think Holland needs to rectify. He needs to trade a D for a forward prospect.

They didnt rush Nurse, he just us what he is. Some grow their game in NHL, some doesnt. Play kn NHL to get routine for NHL is important, then youll see how can soak it up, and evoulate with it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Instead of 'day off' we can start with 'shifts off' until we know what we have in Bouchard. Having 7 available for a game could make them all focus better knowing they cant take shifts off.
Or you play the player to see what you have. You don't pair him with Nurse and play him 25 minutes.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think there might be a hope he gets grabbed to give the team more flexibility, VERY unlikely with Chiasson.

You're thinking they want the player to be claimed? Interesting. I'd have to think they'd prefer to keep Ennis over losing him for nothing. Who would they need that extra spot for?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You're thinking they want the player to be claimed? Interesting. I'd have to think they'd prefer to keep Ennis over losing him for nothing. Who would they need that extra spot for?
Probably related to Haas eventually coming back, "bringing" McLeod back up and/or being able to grab someone off waivers they might have interest in as well.

Again, I don't think they definitely want him claimed, just suggesting it wouldn't be the worst thing for the roster, especially given Ennis' contributions this year.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Probably related to Haas eventually coming back, "bringing" McLeod back up and/or being able to grab someone off waivers they might have interest in as well.

Again, I don't think they definitely want him claimed, just suggesting it wouldn't be the worst thing for the roster, especially given Ennis' contributions this year.

In all honesty if those are the guys they need spots for, I would have waived Shore. Don't think he's played very well at all, and Ennis has a better chance of improving based on past play.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Really looking forward to Bouch getting a shot tommorow. All these young defenseman displaying wealth of skill, while playing important roles on their clubs is driving me with envy. With the lack of depth and talent surrounding McDavid/Drai we can't afford to miss on another top 10 pick.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Really looking forward to Bouch getting a shot tommorow. All these young defenseman displaying wealth of skill, while playing important roles on their clubs is driving me with envy. With the lack of depth and talent surrounding McDavid/Drai we can't afford to miss on another top 10 pick.
confirmed?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Bear is lucky he had a helmet on when he got hit with that puck on the bench. Hopefully he is not out too long.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nope, seems like it was when he was on the bench, Toronto cleared the puck into our bench and it caught Bear on the side of the head. Didn't play another shift afterwards, IIRC.
When he took that hit he looked laboured and skated straight off. Weird.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nope, seems like it was when he was on the bench, Toronto cleared the puck into our bench and it caught Bear on the side of the head. Didn't play another shift afterwards, IIRC.
Where did you see that? He took a nothing hit and skated right off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad