Evan Barratt

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Not a big surprise even when it was first being mentioned a couple of weeks back. He could use another year there, I think.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
The surprise, at least for me, in the the Powers write-up is that "Barratt will be out 2-3 months after undergoing an undisclosed surgery, but will be ready to play by next season".

Might keep him out of prospect camp.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
The surprise, at least for me, in the the Powers write-up is that "Barratt will be out 2-3 months after undergoing an undisclosed surgery, but will be ready to play by next season".

Might keep him out of prospect camp.

The injury made the decision real easy. And, yeah, up until Powers' article, Barratt's injury was not disclosed. Still don't know the nature of the injury.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Injury must have happened during the U20 otherwise they would not have selected him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Injury must have happened during the U20 otherwise they would not have selected him.
I do remember Barratt taking a pretty rough hit after the WJC, not sure what game but it could have been that. Either way he dipped in the second half of the season but STILL had a massive year..I believe he can be in the running for a Hobey Baker, so can Mitchell - pretty f***ing sweet if both of them are in the top 10 finalists for the Hobey and Turcotte is rookie of the year at Wisconsin lol...

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I do remember Barratt taking a pretty rough hit after the WJC, not sure what game but it could have been that. Either way he dipped in the second half of the season but STILL had a massive year..I believe he can be in the running for a Hobey Baker, so can Mitchell - pretty ****ing sweet if both of them are in the top 10 finalists for the Hobey and Turcotte is rookie of the year at Wisconsin lol...
Turcotte going to be paired with Caufield. UW will have an incredible freshman class next year.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
yep, looks like you are right, not sure why I thought he wasn't going next year..oh well, either way, get ready for Wisconsin to dominate NCAA hockey again.

Probably because he’s not draft eligible till 2020. Point per game is hard for freshmen but if anyone could do it, it’s Turcotte and Caufield. If Holloway ends up on that line with them, look out rest of the NCAA. I’m most interested to see how many goals Caufield has his freshman year. Wahlstrom only had 8 goals his freshman year and I was very high on him in the 2018 draft. Caufield is the better goal scorer though so I think he surpasses that total.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad