EV Dingolfing 2018

HockeyDad734

Jul 2, 2018
My son has been offered a contract for next season for this team. He just completed his four-year degree while playing club at the D3 level. Trying to understand how the level 5league works. They have committed to getting him a job as well. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
League system of germany:

Level 1: DEL - Deutsche Eishockey Liga (Pro/Germany)
Level 2: DEL 2 - Deutsche Eishockey Liga 2 (Pro/Germany)
Level 3: Oberliga South an Oberliga North (Semi-Pro/Regional)
Level 4: Bayernliga (Amateur/Bavaria)
Level 5: Landesliga (Amateur/Bavaria) in 2 Groups -> Dingolfing
Level 6: Bezirksliga (Amateur/Bavaria) in 4 Groups

In the rest of germany the system is quite different. Not in structure, but different in names and performance.

Dingolfing is playing Level 5 in Group 1. For an canadian or us-player with a little bit skills ist this like playing in a better beer league. Be assured i mean not the technical aspect or the fun. Normally Level 5 is for low skilled and hard working german players. But you can also find a lot of older pro-player in this league. And Dingolfing had a lot of this ex-pro-players.

Foreign players get an contract only for one reason: Score a lot of goals.

Reactions: DON VITO

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
I don't neither know the offer nor the qualification of your son. So i can only guess.

I guess the offer is a fulltime-job by a Sponsor and 800,- € for playing hockey or a halftime-job by a sponsor + half a day as a coach in the junior development + 800,- €. This is a regular deal for foreign players on this level. You can't get rich or earn a lot of money on the level 5. This is why you can find normally older player from eastern europe, the most of Czech, in this league as contingent player. In example the most german players playing for free on this level.

A fulltime-job in germany is regular 8h + 0,5 h lunch per day for 5 days a week. Often longer on monday till thursday and shorter on friday. The working hours are different. In regular we start earlier in Germany (for example 7 a.m. - 16 p.m. or 8 a.m.-17 p.m.).

Last edited:

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
I forget to say: Best offer for Level 5 i noticed is 10.000 USD for 8 month with no living arragments und without car. You can be sure, that this team would like to go to level 4. For contingent forwards is the way clear: Shoot goals or go home. The teams searching also very good defenders with playmaking and blueline skills. Good in defense, leading personality in pp and sh and a strong shot.

In following a gentleman's agreement every team is open for two contingent players. But this is voluntarily.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->