European players don't get a fair shake here

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
What a Gong Show this organization has turned into. A laughable circus really! One wonders what the priorities really are, especially since the Katz takeover. Maybe this loosing culture that we've all come accustomed to is the norm.
Even if we had drafted players like Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Chara, Rask or Jagr we probably would of ruined them here.
Really feel for players like Yakupov, Klefbom, Gernat etc., why do we even draft them? Hopefully they have a long NHL carreer ahead of them, somewhere else.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
2383522-inbeforethelock1.jpg

Would you like to buy a vowel?

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
They made the right decision with Klefbom, Gernat, Marincin. You can't rush defensemen to the NHL. I don't agree with how Yakupov has been treated, however, but you're also forgetting that Hemsky has had it very good here.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
They made the right decision with Klefbom, Gernat, Marincin. You can't rush defensemen to the NHL. I don't agree with how Yakupov has been treated, however, but you're also forgetting that Hemsky has had it very good here.

I know, and was surrounded with trade rumors for several years, the right deal just didn't come along

Koto

May 3, 2011
i dont know about from the organization, but the media sure is prejudicial.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Kurri, Tikanen, Smid, Hemsky, Maggs, Teemu Hartikainen, Lennart Petrell, I could go on

How often does the media or fans bash Smid and until last year Hemsky was never bashed. most media and fans were not happy Hartikainen went abck to Europe this year and most fans and media said that Petrell was good at what he could do.

Yakupov came in with a lot of hype and the bar was set too high

I think US born players have been bashed more then other due to the Jimmy Carson course

Billybaroo*

What a Gong Show this organization has turned into. A laughable circus really! One wonders what the priorities really are, especially since the Katz takeover. Maybe this loosing culture that we've all come accustomed to is the norm.
Even if we had drafted players like Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Chara, Rask or Jagr we probably would of ruined them here.
Really feel for players like Yakupov, Klefbom, Gernat etc., why do we even draft them? Hopefully they have a long NHL carreer ahead of them, somewhere else.

Brilliant insight.
Kudos to you. Dad must be proud

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
The Oilers have already ran Sweden out of town, now time to work on Russia.

How is MPS doing in St. Louis? :shakehead

Omark? Come on. Lander had a gift wrapped spot in the team and had a lousy camp and lost his spot.

Do we hate Albertans too because Smytty was a scratch?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Omark? Come on. Lander had a gift wrapped spot in the team and had a lousy camp and lost his spot.

I should add Finland too with Hairtikanen and Rajala.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Even if <b>we</b> had drafted players like Ovechkin, Zetterberg, Chara, Rask or Jagr we probably would of ruined them here.
Really feel for players like Yakupov, Klefbom, Gernat etc., why do <b>we</b> even draft them? Hopefully they have a long NHL carreer ahead of them, somewhere else.

Why you use the word "We"? You didn't draft them.

The only evidence you have is that the Oilers sat Yakupov for two measly games. Are you actually suggesting that Klefbom and Gernat earned a spot on the NHL roster based on their training camp? Really?

talk about gongshow and laughable circus = your post.

Billybaroo*

The only evidence you have is that the Oilers sat Yakupov for two measly games. Are you actually suggesting that Klefbom and Gernat earned a spot on the NHL roster based on their training camp? Really?

Shocking thing is, is the Oiler fanbase really as clued out as it could appear by reading HF Oiler Boards?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

Lander, Pajaarvi and Omark all had spots on the team which they lost due to poor play. We kept all those guys around in the NHL longer than they deserved, they got the benefit of the doubt.

Nobody can say that the fans haven't loved Euro players. Kurri, Hemsky, Markanen, Nedved, Samsonov, and on and on and on. We loved these players because they actually produced, they were good players.

Yakupov deserved the scratch, still love the kid. Marincin, Klefbom, etc are the new Euros that we're all pretty unanimously excited about. I don't see the Euro hate.

Although one could argue that guys like Hall deserved to be scratched at certain points. Is that because they're Canadian? I seriously doubt that.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

I've seen people saying this a lot lately. We use the word "we" because we're Oilers fans, we identify the team as ours and we generally stick by the team. It's our team, we support them and they wouldn't be here without us, so we use "we".

Nobody's convincing themselves that they're running the organization when they say "we".

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Lander, Pajaarvi and Omark all had spots on the team which they lost due to poor play. We kept all those guys around in the NHL longer than they deserved, they got the benefit of the doubt.

Nobody can say that the fans haven't loved Euro players. Kurri, Hemsky, Markanen, Nedved, Samsonov, and on and on and on. We loved these players because they actually produced, they were good players.

Yakupov deserved the scratch, still love the kid. Marincin, Klefbom, etc are the new Euros that we're all pretty unanimously excited about. I don't see the Euro hate.

Although one could argue that guys like Hall deserved to be scratched at certain points. Is that because they're Canadian? I seriously doubt that.

This mirrors my thoughts as well. Smid seems to get lots of appreciation. Same with Belov. Hemsky has been a fan favorite for years by many.

There is no Euro hate on the Oilers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Yet everything out there is saying that Katz is the one that made them take Yak over Murray....

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

Not only that but after a bad showing in training camp and a concussion scare, the Oilers are actually being careful and showing that they are willing to properly develop Klefbom rather than throw him to the wolves...

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Ales Hemsky says hi. If any player has been treated with kid gloves during his time here, he is the poster boy. This organization has stuck with him for over 10 years, despite him missing huge chunks of time with injury, and some indifferent play at other times.

Try again.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->