Europa League 2017/2018

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Arsene will win the EL before leaving to make some Arsenal fans question whether Wenger still has it and shouldn't have been pushed out.

Arsene will finish 4th in the EL before leaving as the perfect encapsulation of his time at Arsenal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A ****ing 3 on 1 and Arsenal conceive a goal. A ****ing 3 on 1. The biggest facepalm gif would not suffice how I feel right now because Arsenal deserved better. They were better team at 11 men and were the better team at 10 men. Now we're going into enemy territory which Arsenal have been brutal all season long being down 0.5 on the agg.

And in true La Liga fashion, Atletico go down like they were bad guys in Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - Wikipedia after the red card. Oblak is a beast though, kept them in the game.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If we’re gonna play the send 100 crosses in game then we shouldn’t have sold Giroud

I thought this several times while watching the highlights - "This is the point of the game where they bring on Giroud and he saves their asses."

Even if it weren't Atletico, Arsenal has been frequently terrible away from home, gonna need a major horseshoe up their ass or some ZZ-style black magic to pull off a win in Madrid. Of course as much as they manage to f*** things up just when you're starting to think they might pull it off, they also pull out some magic performances just when you're expecting them to crumble. Except I think they used that up this match with all the chances they had.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Certainly than there's Monreal... oh wait he to is La liga tainted. Probably learnt that in the Basque country.

You'd never admit it, but your boy Correa was the worst of them all. Lacazette dive included. There were certainly dives on both sides, but Correa was the most consistent with it and Lucas Hernandez's was probably the funniest.

Reactions: Pouchkine

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It takes some gall to talk about Atletico players going down when on the sending off, Lacazette rolled around like he was playing at Stoke and someone broke his leg.
Oh, I am not trying to defend the Arsenal either. I hate diving and even if Arsenal are one of the least diving teams in Europe, yesterday was brutal. I don't condole the actions which Laca and Monreal did, but the ratio between Athletico and Arsenal were absurd...something like 3:1 in favour of AM.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I thought this several times while watching the highlights - "This is the point of the game where they bring on Giroud and he saves their asses."
I mean the game was begging for him. Frustrating, even if I understand why he was sold. We didn't play down the middle at all. And when we did, we got chances. And yet we still funneled everything out wide.

I'm still hopeful about Madrid. We were supposed to lose the last two rounds, so I'm not terrified. Winning in Milan was a big ask given their run of form at the time. It would be the ideal way to end Wenger's career. He's reminded us all year why he needs to go, but winning Europa would be the reminder of how great he was and would let us celebrate him.

Reactions: KJS14 and maclean

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You'd never admit it, but your boy Correa was the worst of them all. Lacazette dive included. There were certainly dives on both sides, but Correa was the most consistent with it and Lucas Hernandez's was probably the funniest.

Based on?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He was high on him a couple years ago but has soured, IIRC.

And, for as much as D2M can occasionally be a homer, I find he's normally pretty good about not letting it affect his opinions and he's always willing to call out diving.

Thanks appreciated. I mean nobody is 100% impartial.

I like Correa enough but he's definitely not the player I thought he would. Too many fundamental holes in his game. One big one is between the ears. Another is passing. I just hope at this point he doesn't end up being a Lavezzi. He still has potential though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Keep drinking that kool-aid.
I've bashed every single front office staff to every single player who has worn an Arsenal kit the past five years. Saying that I think Arsenal are one of the lesser diving teams in the league is like me drinking kool-aid diluted with the Atlantic Ocean.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
A little bit of a strange situation developing in Russia (as usual there is something ).

Apparently, it’s unlikely that the cup winner will go to Europe cup next year as both of the finalists are small market teams (neither will probably even play in top national league next year).

6th place team will probably go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->