Euro League last 16

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Salzburg will beat Napoli imo.

TBH I know nothing about Rennes besides Wiltord and Cech playing for them in the past.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What you need to know is that they have a young ambitious coach (only recently appointed) whose father is the assistant coach of DD for the NT.
They have a great academy that formed M'Vila or Ousmane Dembele for instance.
Their current roster features Ben Arfa who's coming up into form after his two year vacation, Ismaila Sarr who's a speedster with excellent talent, MBaye Niang (former Milan) who's also very talented but inconsistent and Benjamin Bourrigeaud who is a talented playmaker.
Rest are hard workers. They have a good goalie but are weak defensively.
Basically, they can score at anytime and on anyone. But they can be scored on an awful lot as well.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That Niang goal after the great Ben Arfa pass was the kind of goal I thought he would score a plenty throughout his career, but it just has not happened yet regularly.

He has the speed, strentgh and shot to score those ones, but like Evilo said has just been inconsistent. He has also been played a lot on the wing, which is the wrong choice, imo. He can make it as a central forward, just not as a target man playing his back to the goal, which doesnt bring out his best qualities. He is probably not easy to accommodote to a top team with lots of possession, but in the right circumstances he could score a lot. Kind of like physically smaller version of Romelo Lukaku.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Guess who played the same day in the same twon last thursday and UEFA didn't care?
Chelsea and Arsenal.
But nope, they can't in the next round.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It's probably been over 10 years since I met an Arsenal fan so full of bravado and confidence.

This is absolutely fascinating. I am here for this poster.

Seems to me every time someone shows up around here full of piss and bluster they turn out to be an Arsenal fan.. :(

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What you need to know is that they have a young ambitious coach (only recently appointed) whose father is the assistant coach of DD for the NT.
They have a great academy that formed M'Vila or Ousmane Dembele for instance.
Their current roster features Ben Arfa who's coming up into form after his two year vacation, Ismaila Sarr who's a speedster with excellent talent, MBaye Niang (former Milan) who's also very talented but inconsistent and Benjamin Bourrigeaud who is a talented playmaker.
Rest are hard workers. They have a good goalie but are weak defensively.
Basically, they can score at anytime and on anyone. But they can be scored on an awful lot as well.
Thanks for this. Given that Arsenal kinda has a similar summation, this could be a fun tie.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes I expect facepalm moments defensively for both teams, but also lots of nice goals.
Should be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->