• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Not losing your top players for refusal of league standard pay is one thing he could do.

Using the cap effectively would have me more excited for Sens games, not just spending more.

Reactions: Juvenators and bert

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't know if this point has been made and at this point I'm too lazy to go back and check. But the NHL record for most Stanley Cups in a five year span is five. So what exactly does Melnyk think he's promising by "unparalleled success"?

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know if this point has been made and at this point I'm too lazy to go back and check. But the NHL record for most Stanley Cups in a five year span is five. So what exactly does Melnyk think he's promising by "unparalleled success"?
Just a buzz word, like when I used to use a thesaurus to make me sound smarter in papers in Jr. High without realising it made me sound foolish.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Not losing your top players for refusal of league standard pay is one thing he could do.

Using the cap effectively would have me more excited for Sens games, not just spending more.

Your 100% right! As my crazy uncle once said, "any idiot can spend to the cap" but you know what in this specific case he was right, it's how you spend that money that is key. Personally the cap number doesn't matter much for me as I assume it doesn't for many other's as most of us are cerebral thinkers and understand massive long term contract rarely return their value on the team offering them and prefer a more long term focused approach.

The Senators have done none of this and have essentially operated in a day to day fashion seemingly never even considering the future in the slightest, they have consistently poorly identified when and where to spend their budget time and time again.

Reactions: Cogburn

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I think the franchise the sens should have modeled themselves after business-wise is the Anaheim Ducks. They draft really well and have a self-imposed budget, not particularly great attendance, in a very high-tax state of California so less money to play with in attracting players, but yet they're always aggressive in acquiring impact players. When the time was right, they spent $$$. And they have plenty of competition as well with other pro-leagues and being the little brother to LA area. Didn't see their owner or COO come out and spew propaganda against fans or media, or assume a guise of a rebuild to save money. They're pretty honest with what they need to do and accomplish and fans accept that there's a certain budget the team just cannot operate beyond. Sens didn't need to be a salary cap team but goes to show Melnyk & Co. still don't get what gains trust and confidence from a community.

Reactions: GrantLemons

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Wait till Eugene sees the dramatic decrease in attendance, season ticket sales and even more so in Jersey sales (outside of Chabot, Tkachuk and White no one's worth it).

The drop from this year to next will be even worst than last years.

Who wants to meet outside the CTC for a good old fashion LeBron like Sens Jersey Burn? We chant Melnyk out, drink a little ( a lot), share a laugh, a cry.. sound good?

Reactions: topshelf15

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Wait till Eugene sees the dramatic decrease in attendance, season ticket sales and even more so in Jersey sales (outside of Chabot, Tkachuk and White no one's worth it).

The drop from this year to next will be even worst than last years.

Who wants to meet outside the CTC for a good old fashion LeBron like Sens Jersey Burn? We chant Melnyk out, drink a little ( a lot), share a laugh, a cry.. sound good?
Not convinced this is an awesome idea. Burning jerseys is pointless. The money is already in the team's pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad