Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Aren't the Rays on the verge of folding or splitting with Montreal because they have like no fans at all?

Seems like that stadium has been empty since they came in the league.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Aren't the Rays on the verge of folding or splitting with Montreal because they have like no fans at all?

Seems like that stadium has been empty since they came in the league.
Yes they average about 15K a game. TV ratings for Rays and Lightning are the same.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Off the top of my head I'd guess the Flyers, Red Wings, Wild, Avalanche,Rangers over the Nets, and maybe the Blackhawks over the White Sox, Capitals over the Wizards, the Lightning over the Rays, and the Kings over the Clippers.
Rangers and Knicks should be compared not the Nets, even then KD and Kyrie are much more popular than any Rangers. Clippers and Kings aren’t even close, Kawhi and PG just shot up the clippers popularity ten fold.

Eagles just won a super bowl...

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Rangers and Knicks should be compared not the Nets, even then KD and Kyrie are much more popular than any Rangers. Clippers and Kings aren’t even close, Kawhi and PG just shot up the clippers popularity ten fold.

Eagles just won a super bowl...

Rangers and Nets are in the same market, which was the question asked. I was going more for long term fan interest and not a short term bump like the Clippers. I would not rank the Flyers ahead of the Eagles but the 76ers and maybe the Phillies? Yes.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Rangers and Nets are in the same market, which was the question asked. I was going more for long term fan interest and not a short term bump like the Clippers. I would not rank the Flyers ahead of the Eagles but the 76ers and maybe the Phillies? Yes.
The 76ers are much more popular than the Flyers. It's not close. Basketball is the biggest sport in the US.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I would say the NBA is taking over if it has not already.

Regardless, NHL is the least favorable for almost every city in the US.

Not even close. The NBA definitely has more international appeal, but within America its football by a country mile.

Football will never be dethroned either, at least not in our life time.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
heard in 10 years NHL will be Pro sports #5 after soccer.
Idk if I agree with that. The problem with the MLS is that the quality is very poor compared to soccer in Europe. Everyone who knows anything about soccer knows that. The NHL is the best hockey players in the world, same with the NBA, NFL, MLB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Idk if I agree with that. The problem with the MLS is that the quality is very poor compared to soccer in Europe. Everyone who knows anything about soccer knows that. The NHL is the best hockey players in the world, same with the NBA, NFL, MLB
Well the Atlanta MLS franchise is valued at 500M which would be 20th in the NHL. The day is coming for MLS as more Europeans are looking to come over at an earlier age.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The NHL needs to build up their TV deals, so I don't think they really mind empty seats at the games if it translates to bigger numbers of viewers at home.

I think this especially applies to the Senators. This franchise will never succeed financially unless their TV deals cover all of their operation costs. It's the only way in lieu of tangible corporate support, of which this team has access to the least of almost any NHL city.

If I was playing the long game, I'd be putting all my eggs in the TV deal basket. I'd be working every angle I know to get my TV deal revenues (local + national) in to the $75+ million per year territory. That's the only way forward for a team in Ottawa. Even beyond a new arena and more fans in the stands.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Melnyk's new sidekick making the rounds this morning spewing the same crap that every other CEO, CFO, COO this org has hired in the past 2 years. Snubbing the sports radio station who covers the team on a daily basis is an interesting move. No mention of Alfie of course, which is embarrassing, the organization should be proud and be helping push Alfie into the HOF.

Luckily for Leblanc, it seems that he didn't have to acknowledge what the actual problem is, which should buy him an extra month or two in his position.

Last edited:

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
seriously, it should be an all hands on deck thing for the Senators organization to get Alfie (and Murray) into the HOF. Again, it shows how poorly run this team is from top to bottom (starting from the top obviously).

Anytime this team gets a layup, they screw it up.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
seriously, it should be an all hands on deck thing for the Senators organization to get Alfie (and Murray) into the HOF. Again, it shows how poorly run this team is from top to bottom (starting from the top obviously).
Having their first Hall of Famer should be a proud moment for Melnyk, but instead, he makes it personal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rand0m

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I give this guy until the start of next season.
After that interview i bet he is around until Melnyk dies or sells. The most embarassing and insulting to the fans interview I have heard since Dorion said he was proud it was his most proud day trading Stone. I mean I dont think anyone could top that and they likely wont but this was a farce to say the least.

Reactions: Henderson1972
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->